Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How does TurboTax deduct their fees from my tax return?

Fed fee, state fee + refund processing fee ($39 each) =  too much

If you have not yet filed the return  then stop and follow the instructions below.   If you have then sorry, there is no fee reduction or rebate after you filed.   Next time try the IRS site first or ask questions before you agree to anything. 

If you started with the free version and had to upgrade to the Deluxe   AND   your AGI is $73K or less then STOP and walk away.  Go to the IRS FREE FILE site and choose another program to get a free fed & state return ...

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Yeah I've used TurboTax when you're done and only was charged $0. So basically I was in charge of anything. But I think what it was is where I had my retirement on the earth and I think that's what made me have to upgrade to the $39. And yes I've already failed. Cuz this is the first time that I've ever been charged but I think the retirement has something to do with it.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you feel you are able to file using a free version, you can clear your return and start over. 

Please follow the instructions here to clear and start over. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I will NEVER  use turbo tax again been using for 3 years never had extra fees come out for using them to file my state and federal but this year 2022 I’m getting charged 117.00 I said take it out my refund I check their website TGP to see if funds was taking out since it says to check that website that they are concreted with just for me to see extra fees totaling 161.68. $44 more dollars then what I was told and agreed to come out my refund I should’ve paid that 117.00 up front the worst ever. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re aware of an issue related to your Refund Processing that may have caused you to see a smaller-than-expected refund.
We’re in the process of reimbursing all who were affected. Within the next 24-48 hours, those affected will receive a credit. If you were affected, look for a deposit (in the bank account associated with your return) labeled, "Remaining Federal Refund Due".  If you don't see that deposit in a few business days, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@CapricornQueen011

No my refund amount is no smaller then expected it’s the current amount never received not one notice from IRS saying that it is a different my tax returns wouldn’t got held up it didn’t my return is simple which I don’t get why I was charged period I used look back when I filed last year with you guys it was free nothing changed I used look back again same dependents just different filing status but this needs to be resolved before my refund hits my bank account please and thank you. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have access to your personal account information. Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support to have someone review the fees with you. To get you to the right person, use the keywords billing issues​​​​.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@CapricornQueen011

Melog

I elected for turbo tax to take they fees out of my refund. I checked the where's my refund and it stated a check was mailed out. Does my refund still go to the third party bank. And they direct deposit my refund to my account 

This is what you asked for >>>   IRS refund to go to the third party bank and then the TT fees are withheld and the balance is sent to you.

Now if the IRS sends out the refund as a paper  check DIRECTLY to you  and skips the third party bank then TT fees were not paid ... expect them to either debit your account for the fee or send you a bill in the mail. 

Melog

Why would they skip the process? I didn't want a check and the irs has my old address.

So how long after turbo tax gets there money from my refund will I get my money 

@Plum4209 wrote:

So how long after turbo tax gets there money from my refund will I get my money 

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies