Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I access the temporary card information for the prepaid Visa? The link through my email keeps showing an error message.

you will receive no help from the toll free number. spent 40 minutes on hold just to talk to someone who said the temporary card info wasn't working on sites like Playstation, amazon, apple pay because the "service was down". i continued to ask "how can i find out when the service is available again? i have my tax return in the account i had to make with y'all to use this feature." she couldnt understand the question. i then asked "how long has the service been down" in every way i could think of and she was left more and more clueless every time. eventually i just hung up. i think this temporary card thing that Turbo Tax advertises might just be a scam for them to get bank accounts made with Green Dot Corporation. Idk but i dont like the customer service one bit especially when dealing with multiple thousands of dollars and tax returns im sure.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

How do I access the temporary card information for the prepaid Visa? The link through my email keeps showing an error message.

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also  got the refund advance. Only so i could access my money sooner.  Have the money on it. You say you can spend it online but every site i have tried declines the card. Either there's a major flaw in your system, or its just a way to get people to use your cards. So now have to just wait the 5-10 business days, for the card to come in the mail. At first i thought it might just be mine, but obviously its a problem for many.

Connect your temporary card to PayPal, it works . Use as preferred method of payment 

If you have paypal attached the temp card to it 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please utilize this link for assistance, please know you can also contact us toll-free at (888) 285-4169: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

Cg_824

The Turbo Tax refund advance is a big joke! After reading the responses it seems everyone is having the same issue. When I call the customer service number, I get no help whatsoever. I just wasted an hour on the phone and I don’t know anything new than before. It’s a scam and Turbo Tax can’t even pay to have employees in the US to help. What a pos scam. 

I called and they claim the temporary card wont be able to use until 24-48hrs after you get approved..smh

seems like a lie imo

How were you able to access your temporary card? How did you set it up? I keep getting an error message that says I should wait until it arrives in the mail and then I am able to create an online account. I never received the second email that actually gives me a link to see my temporary card number. I check my card and the money is on the card. I just have no way of accessing it.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. If you can’t find it, check your junk mail folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com. If you cannot locate it after checking your junk mail folder, or are having trouble creating an account, or logging into your Turbo Prepaid Card online account, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

About the Refund Advance temporary card

About the Refund Advance application process

I'm having the same problem...please help. I only received one email. The one with the link that doesn't work. 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

All questions concerning the TurboTax Prepaid Visa card from Greendot should be directed to their customer service at  (888) 285-4169.  

Getting to know the Turbo® Visa® Debit Card

These so called employees on here clearly are not reading the actual problems the customers are having. They just keep posting a link that does nothing and a customer service num that offers ZERO customer service. This is in fact a rouse to get you to use their horrible products. Turbo tax is garbage along with green dot. There is no advance. I wish i read the reviews before i used them. I recommend ANY other tax company. Their is no customer service here nor a tax advance! I hope this save at least one person from getting sucked into this scam of an operation.

This hole thing seems to be a big scam! The call center is a wasted effort by far and I cant for the life of me find some who can actually help me get my information to make the account 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies