Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing a complaint after being promised a refund, but then didn't get it

Who do I contact to file a formal complaint and get some resolution?  There were some major inconsistencies and glitches in the state software. I attempted to chat or talk with 8 different agents, and spent over 10 hours trying to resolve it, but no one could and agreed that there is something wrong with the software.   

The last agent I spoke with asked me if I wanted a refund for state and I said yes. He sent me a link to request the refund and said it could be up to five days before I’d get it. So then I hired someone else to complete my state taxes but I got a message back saying that because I bought an online product, I can’t get a refund. The agent knew it was an online product. I chatted again and was told to resubmit my refund request so I did, but not one responded. I just spent another hour on chat and even they can’t tell me how to file an official complaint. It’s unethical that Turbotax promises a refund, but retracts that.

Since I can’t get anywhere with Turbotax, does it do any good to file a complaint with the BBB or attorney general?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please see our TurboTax Satisfaction Guaranteed refund policy.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That is the link they sent me to, telling me online products aren't eligible for a refund. However, this was after the agent told me that I'd be getting a refund. I relied on that information and hired someone else to do my state taxes. Is there a way to file a complaint with turbotax?  I've been trying to resolve this for a month. Do I just contact the BBB? I see there have been over 3000 complaints and they only have a 1.09/5 rating. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. 
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have contacted them several times. One agent told me to resubmit the request so I did. Then, I chatted three other times (all over an hour).  They have me holding as they're checking into how to file a complaint, but they keep sending me to the original link that you posted. I think this is ridiculous. I've used Turbotax for over 20 years, and I can't believe how customer service can't help me nor can they direct me anywhere. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies