Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Your transmission didn't go through

Whats good? i checked all my stuff, saved and signed out. i just want to efile!

keeps telling me 

how to fix this!?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

51 Replies

my issue has been fixed over the phone. case is closed thanks,

This problem is not solved! Please help me find a fix for this problem!

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

There may be an error in which some of the information you entered into TurboTax may not have been properly saved. 

You will need to compare your tax records to the information in TurboTax and verify that everything is accurate and complete. The easiest way to do this is to go through the TurboTax interview questions again.

If your tax return wasn't saved correctly, you'll see that previously answered questions will have to be answered again. But if all the information you had provided initially is still visible and correct, then it doesn't need to be re-entered.

Next, click on Review from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to make sure your return is free from errors. Then try to e-file your return again.

@campbellmi13

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbotax Business. The problem was form 8453. I followed the instructions to the letter. I printed it, signed it and saved it as a PDF but it did not "go through". I tried many times. In the end I deleted the form then went through the 5 steps to recreate the form and attached it NOT filled out. The program created a form with a filename.  Now close Turbotax.

I printed 8453 and signed it. I saved it as a PDF.  I made note of the filename and it's location then I deleted it. I renamed MY file using the computer generated file name and put it in the original folder. I opened Turbotax and refiled and it went through.

I am convinced you must use the filename the program created and put it in the program folder.

It's taking longer to try and get this to transmit than it did filling out the forms.  What a crock of bull**bleep**tt

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

In some instances, temporary internet files can disrupt access to secure websites. If a page fails to load or you experience difficulties signing in to your account, clear your browser's temporary internet files, including cookies, cache and browser history.  Then close and restart your browser.

Hi @boa999

You said you made note of the filename and it's location. I could not locate the computer generated file. Win 10. Any suggestions as to where to look?

Thank you for a smart post!

Hello again @boa999

I had asked you above where the file was, but it turns out the software no longer creates a copy of the PDF that is attached. It simply remembers the location of the saved file.

For everyone else who's having trouble with the error "Your transmission didn't go through":

@boa999's solution works. This is a Turbotax Business 2019 bug. To confirm this issue applies to you, click on the "Attachments" icon on the top-right and note the "File Name" field for the "8453 Signature Document" is in fact blank. When you click on the "View" button, if you don't see the file you uploaded, that would confirm that the failure to transmit is stemming from this issue. Apply the above fix, and make sure you can see the name of file you uploaded (in the Attachments window) and that you can see the file itself when you click View.

I cannot see the video. It shows "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action".

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

@gzzhuyi

If you select the Transmit Returns Now button, and it doesn't seem to be working, the most likely source of the problem is “cookies,” little pieces of code that are sent to your browser so we can personalize your experience.

1. If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.
  2. If it's still not working, tryagain using a different web browser. (For example, if you're using Chrome, try using Explorer or Safari instead.)
  3. If those suggestions didn't help, try going back to your first browser and delete cookies.

(Please be aware that other sites use cookies too and if you delete them, it could interfere with how those sites work.)

What if you don't see anything after it says "please complete the action below"?

What you should be seeing is a "captcha," screen, which helps prevent fraud by asking you to identify pictures before you can proceed.

Try steps 2 and 3 above, which should fix the problem.

What if that didn't work?

Are you using a wireless or wired connection?

Have you reset your modem and router?

Advanced troubleshooting

If you can’t e-file no matter what, you can still print and mail your return

Access Denied....

KFam19

Who did you call? Please help, I'm stuck with the same problem it keeps saying 

Your Transmission Didn't Go Through

would greatly greatly appreciate it, if you can tell me what you did to fix this, thank you so much!

What number did you call to resolve your issue?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

We cannot see your return on this forum or any transmission errors. If you need assistance, please contact TurboTax Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies