Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bear1

Will home and business data import into turbo tax deluxe since i no longer need the business side?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Will home and business data import into turbo tax deluxe since i no longer need the business side?

Yes, if you used the TurboTax Home and Business desktop version last year, you can import your data into TurboTax Deluxe.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you used the TurboTax Home and Business desktop version last year, you can import your data into TurboTax Deluxe.

HCLZC

Thank you. Could not see whole reply. Can I transfer data from HOME AND BUSINESS DESKTOP TO TURBOTAX BUSINESS

HCLZC

Meant transfer data from HOME A\ND BUSINESS desktop to BUSINESS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can download the tax file from Home and Business desktop version you used and import it into the Business version. Here is how you can download your .tax file you have previously filed with Turbo Tax.

Anonymous
Not applicable

But it did not work for me the other way around.  I used Deluxe last year and it only imported names and SSs into Home & Business.  No other data including the important year-to-year comparison  It shows nothing from 2020.  Please help!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this TurboTax help article for assistance with transferring your 2020 tax return: Transfer last year's return to 2021 TurboTax for Windows

For assistance with locating your tax data file, please see Find your tax data file (.tax file) in Windows

@Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I have a Mac and don't see the "tax data file".  I looked for Mac instructions and found the ".tax2020" file - which seems to be the software itself.  However, it is not an option to import in the 2021 TT when it asks me for a TXF file.  Can you please help?  I need to import ALL of my data, not just the PDF data which was basic stuff.  THANK YOU!!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Anonymous

For further assistance, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies