turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why doesn't Turbo Tax accept my user name and password for my Edward Jones accounts?

Has anyone had a problem with Turbo Tax accepting user names/passwords with Edward Jones accounts?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Why doesn't Turbo Tax accept my user name and password for my Edward Jones accounts?

Do you have your Edward Jones account set up to allow third-party access?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

two possible issues...could be either or neither.

1) special characters .... some may not be allowed with teh TTX entry access....but have no idea which.

or

2)  some users have reported issues with Computer autofill of either UserID or Pwd or both .    Don't let a Password manager fill in the boxes...make sure you type in all characters yourself.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
mdyz
Level 2

I am having the same problem this years version of TurboTax.  I have never had any problems in the previous years.  I spoke to Edward Jones techs and they can not figure it out.  I have tried all of the suggested fixes (simple password, cache clearing, cookies, different browser etc...), but still not able to get connected with user name and password.  I was able to get connected to my local credit union thru TurboTax without and problems

mdyz
Level 2

Here is what worked for me this evening after trying for days.  I am using the Windows desktop (CD) version of TurboTax.  I changed my browser from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.  From Edge, I logged into my Edward Jones account which required a text code verification number because I changed browsers.  While still logged into Edward Jones, I tried importing with TurboTax and it finally worked.  I got everything imported into TurboTax from Edward Jones.  Hopefully that will work for others.  (Also, I did change to a simple number/letter password temporarily)

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If the suggestions given above don't work for you please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for further assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@mdyz

Rst1949

Why doesn’t turbo tax accept Edward jones 1099 info.  Gives username/password error.

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Take a close look at the screen where you start the import process to be sure there are not some specific instructions to follow for Edward Jones.  

If you are unable to get the import function to work, then you will need to enter the information by typing it in yourself instead of importing it.  Importing the documents is not required.

If you are using TurboTax Online, click the box that says Change how I enter my form.  Then, on the next screen click I'll type it in myself.

If you are using a CD/downloaded version of TurboTax, you can select I'll type it in myself.

@Rst1949

leot
Returning Member

The easiest solution I found is to have your edward jones account open in your browser. Then go to Turbotax and import. Works every time!

Sdavis1947
Returning Member

Tried everything to the point Edward Jones locked by account for too many tries to access it. Turbo Tax just refuses to accept my username & password. PERIOD. These are not "special characters" or "odd figures" I can and do long on just fine to the Edward Jones web pages. I have found NO help from Turbo Tax. The phone number gives NO access to a live voice. All the "help" sites show LAST YEARS answers, not for Feb 2022. The replies are not helpful at all.  The problem IS Turbo Tax. This has worked great in past years. But not now. I really don't want to manually enter pages of data. Come on Turbo Tax, this is on you. FIX IT.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to consider changing your Edward Jones password to something simpler for purposes of importing. Also, make sure that your caps lock is not on. If you are still having an issue, please provide a screenshot of the message you receive in TurboTax when trying to connect to your Edward Jones account so that we can further investigate. Please be sure to black out any personal information before posting the screenshot as Community is a public forum.

@Sdavis1947

Another thing you might need to do, once your password isn't locked.

Wait until mid-late February to try again.

Even if your Consolidated 1099-B/-INT,-DIV,-OID files are ready in PDF form, the "specially-formatted" tax import files are not ready until a week or 2 later for many brokerages.  Thus you (thru TurboTax) may be attempting to log into the special EJ tax import computer, when it isn't open yet for that purpose

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Were you successful?  I'm having the same problem.  In addition to other TT problems.  Every issue I've had this year, seems to have been an issue last year too.  WTH?  Guess I won't use TT next year.

Note: you must login with Microsoft Edge - not Chrome.   I just discovered that the browser you are logged in with is important to making this work.  My guess is that turbotax looks for access credentials under the Microsoft Edge browser.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for providing this great information. @dhansen227

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies