Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the Refund Advance Temporary Card not work?

Thank you ! I did this & it worked ! 

What happen u ordered a new card?

Thank you. I had the same problem. I tried to reach out three times, put on hold for no less than nineteen minutes per call only for every call to be dropped before I could even speak to an agent. It would ring to put me through and then drop. I was informed by another user that none of the temporary cards are working and that I needed to reach out to get an emergency card overnighted...which would be cool except for the fact that I can't get through to speak with anyone. 

This was my first time using Turbotax and my last. I will definitely be going back to Taxact next year. They don't offer advances but they offer peace of mind. If I need them, they answer. Not being able to reach people dealing with my money is something I am not comfortable with. 

chuxzilla

We called this morning as well. They said we would get an expedited card within 1 day. We will see if we get it. We have been trying to use our temporary card for two days and they said they were working in fixing it. But it would be better to use the card. We also have to call when we receive the card and make sure it's not the old card number so that were activating the right one. 

@Anonymous Did you even read the post or the responses? How insulting can you be! I have already called that number numerous time! Shame on you and shame on Turbo Tax and Green Dot. Do not give me generic copy pasted responses! 

Was finally able to link my temporary card to PayPal and pull money off of it, of course I had to pay the convenience fee to do this through PayPal, so I lost more money. But I did not trust green dot or turbo tax anymore so I did not want to leave the money there a second longer. 
I was able to pull all of the advance money of there. 
As for what I will do when the rest of my return gets put on there, I have no idea. 
I am supposed to have almost $8,000 more deposited on there, and I am concerned. Hopefully this gets figured out.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding your Refund Advance temporary card.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How did y'all get a person on the phone? Every time I call the 888-285-4169 number, it wants me to type in the card number. I ordered the card on Jan 13th, but never received it. I can't type in a card number I never received. I need a person so I can order a new one.

you get a live person by waiting over an hour on the phone on hold. Don't worry just got my card in the mail but since the issues they had they canceled that one. sending a new one and that won't be here till February 3rd she said. This advanced refund sitting in my account for more than a week can use it by the time I get my card and able to use it the IRS will have deposited my refund. Good job turbo tax on selecting Green dot the worst company ever. Customer service is bad No one knows what's going. Pick another company 

Can I ask how? I, too, have paypal but it's not working for me. 

@janeylynn0711  I used the temporary number they assigned you can find it on the website and the app 

@TerukoL  stop giving generic copy pasted info. Do not insult my intelligence and everyone else’s. Actually read the post and the responses. I am sick of y’all doing this. I already had one of you give this ridiculous useless response.

@cherylle1980  I went in and replaced the debit card I already had listed in there. I typed in the temporary card number they had assigned me. I then sent the money to my mother, this charged me a fee for instant transfer. After she received the money she then sent it back to me. 

@Aiden2154  No, I did not order a new card. I was somehow finally able to get it on to my PayPal. However, today my physical card arrived. Ugh not that it matters now as my advance is off of there now. Well, we will see if the physical card works when the rest of my refund shows up on there.

I am having the same problem. I do not trust either company’s at this point. No one has a resolution, an answer or any way for us to access our “guaranteed” advance. They have left us out to dry and are using a bank with absolutely no customer service.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies