Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Whoops! We hit a snag loading your data. Please try again.

Please contact customer support in the article below for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same issue.  Talked to them twice.  They say it's my internet connection (which is fine), my browser (cleared history and cache) maybe my credit card (confirmed with the bank it's not) - they wanted me to try a different credit card (same error) or give me the number to their collections department.  When I asked if there was a problem with my account and they said no, but maybe collections had some ideas.  I asked for a supervisor, was placed on hold and got a message saying it would be a 45-50 minute wait.  I'm really over TurboTax.  

The error is on their end and they don't have the answer.  And they really don't care.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The billing address on your credit card and the mailing address on your tax return have to match or you will get an error for paying with a credit card.

If they are not the same then change your mailing address to your billing address.  Click on My Info on the left side of the screen.  Edit you mailing address and Continue.  Go back to the File section to make your payment.

After the payment has been approved, go back to My Info and change the address back to the original.

Only this worked, one needs to make sure the billing address of credit card same as the mailing address of turbo tax filing.
Thank you CatinaT1.

you saved this year filing by not missing end date with correct suggestion for payment issues

Turbotax offers a feature for Americans living abroad but makes it IMPOSSIBLE to file. First of all, it is only possible to pay with a credit card that has a US mailing address. I have a foreign address (since I am LIVING ABROAD), but ok, I got a special US credit card for this purpose. Then, when I tried to pay with the US credit card, I was not able to (and how frustrating that I was not notified the exact reason - I just got this mystery error). If I can't change the mailing address of my tax return to be a US address, and I can't pay with a foreign credit card, then how in the heck am I supposed to file my taxes??!! 

Second, turbotax makes it necessary to put a phone number to complete my tax return. There is no possibility to enter a foreign phone number, only US.  No selection for mobile/home number. I do not even have a US phone number! If I did, then I would not be LIVING ABROAD!

I just spent many many many hours understanding how to file my taxes properly with turbotax. It really seems there is a product for expats because you can enter foreign earned income and foreign tax credit, if you are living abroad full time. I am now completely frustrated and fear that it was all a waste.

ive been having this same problem for literally WEEKS. ive lost track of how many times i called and all of these tax experts i have spoken to no one is able to tell me why i keep receiving this same error message. they keep telling me to clear my cache and cookies, try logging into a different browser, as if i haven't tried this already before calling 100 times. i been using turbo tax for years and never had this problem. it is ridiculous that all these "tax experts" cant seem to help me with my problem, eventually they realize they dont know how to help me so they just tell me some bs to get off of the phone. im really over this company. if someone knows how i can get past this message i keep getting on the registration page please let me know thanks!

literally none of these suggestions work for me yet they keep suggesting the same things to me, this is extremely frustrating 

I was finally able to get past this when I updated my tax form address to a US based street address (not PO BOX) for whatever dumb reason, and it had to match what was used on my card...  even though everything says I should have been able to have a foreign address, it wasn't true.  I had to go back and edit my address after I paid with the correct foreign address.... 😕 

I've tried that. My address hasn't changed, everything matches on my forms

I tried that too, it did not work for me either. The only solution I found for filing 2019 taxes was to wait until 2021 when I could download a PDF of my taxes and send it in 9 months late. 

Now I am wondering what to do for filing 2020 taxes, since it seems this issue is still not fixed. Has anyone tried using their desktop software instead of web browser version? Or is there another kind of tax software that anyone can suggest?

Turbotax is actually losing money because people can't pay and they do nothing to fix it for years ... incredible

I echo the same sentiments as ariellej5189. Spent hours on the phone, reboots, cache and cookies cleared, tried other computers and phone, talked to the Digital Download Team Member who sent me a link and stuck his chest out and as soon as he got off the phone I got the same dang error message. I then went to the store and they gave me a new keycode that didn't work either. Now I just want a refund fund so I can at least go back to TaxAct that I was using several years ago before switching to TurboTax. Customer Service Solution to this problem Sucks Real Bad! I hope Corporate sees this and does something. This is a real financial hit. They must have pissed off some Tech guy real bad.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is aware of this and are working on working through this issue. Please click here  for more details as well as the ability to sign up for updates on the issue. 

The link i was just sent isn't the same error message I received. It was "whoops! We hit a snag loading your data please try again "

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information.  It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program. To assist us in this process, please review your entries in [section of program driving the message].  Some errors are caused by accidental entries.  If that doesn't work, try to delete the form and re-enter, and also [clear cache and cookies/run updates]  However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately.

Same here. Same problem for 3 days now. I bought it at BestBuy online and it sends me to turbotax, I sign on and enter the keycode and get the "Whoops! We hit a snag loading your data. Please try again.".  I've tried 3 browsers, cleared cached/ cookies.  Did a windows update to make sure all updates are up to date. Been on help desk chat with Intuit and BestBuy but I get the same run-around solutions. Worst part is they said I can't get my money back from the software purchase I don't have because it's a digital download. I've about had it, if it isn't available in another day I will go to my credit card company and dispute the charge as a failure to provide product as stated and institute a charge-back transaction. I will then start hitting up the BBB (Better Business Bureau).   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies