tietack

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

TurboTax is delaying my filing because they say the form is not ready. The IRS is ready, https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f6251.pdf. What's the problem, Intuit?
CarissaM

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

You can view the date the forms will be available by clicking here

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

hellercane70

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

This delay starts to erode the Turbo Tax value proposition.  I am looking to see if alternative solutions have the form ready so I can file now. I have the annual renewal directly and expect Intuit to be ready.  Seriously...

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

@hellercane70 wrote:

The Form 6251 is scheduled to be available on 02/18/2021.  The IRS will not start accepting or rejecting any 2020 tax returns until on and after 02/12/2021.

610juliet

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

Thanks for posting a date (2/18/2021) - I'm waiting on Form 6251 as well. I hope this fixes the issue (Form not available) - so that I can complete my 2020 taxes.

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

The IRS must approve TT's versions (programming) of all the tax forms before TT can release them.  That is why you sometimes see them available on the IRS website before they are available on TT.

damage12

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

They how say it will be available on February 18, 2021, but they keep pushing that date back.  Last week is was to be ready on February 11th, the week before it was supposed to be ready February 4th.  Will the government pay me interest on my money they are holding? This is ridiculous.

LinaJ2020

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

Not sure about this particular form.  However, if IRS happens to postpone the tax season to a later date like last year, they likely will pay you the interest. To check forms availability, click here: Forms availability

Form 6251 is used by taxpayers to calculate their AMT or to determine if they are subject to it.  The IRS imposes the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) on certain taxpayers who earn a significant amount of income, but are able to eliminate most, if not all, income from taxation using deductions and credits.  To learn more, click here: AMT

tietack

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

Thanks for the history info.

Depending on the income criteria for the anticipated $1400 stimulus, I may need to file quickly.

In other words, if Intuit keeps delaying the release of 6251, I may need to jump to alternative software, to avoid losing part or all of that money.

Does anyone know if HR Block Premium (or TaxAct) has their 6251 forms yet?

JamesG1

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

Forms availability shows the different TurboTax platforms.  See this TurboTax Help.

The IRS imposes the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) on certain taxpayers who earn a significant amount of income, but are able to eliminate most, if not all, income from taxation using deductions and credits. Many taxpayers must use Form 6251 to calculate their AMT or to determine if they are subject to it.

PecosBill

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

I too find this to be unacceptable by this company.  I have quit using their banking program because of their new changes that require me to pay for the program each year and no longer can I purchase the disk to use for a year or more.  also had multiple problems with the audio removing program sounds with online updates.

chaswyck

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

I did my taxes on TurboTax three weeks ago and it said that I didn't owe any AMT but I still can't file because the form hasn't been approved.  That's ridiculous! Is this an Intuit/TurboTax problem?  That is, is the problem that  Intuit's version of the form has not been approved?

chaswyck

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

Is this a TurboTax issue or has the 6251 form not been approved by the IRS for any tax preparation service?  Did you find any alternatives to TurboTax that enabled you to file?

MichelleLO

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

The forms availability page is showing that the form is scheduled to be available tomorrow, February 18, 2021. 

waikiulee

When will the AMT form (6251) be ready?

Any updates on when form 6251 will available for the tax year 2021 for filings in 2022?