Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will desktop Turbo Tax for tax year 2021 be available?

I think that's only if you bought the download from Amazon.  The user bought the CD.  

Everyone who has responded - I greatly appreciate it.

However, some are just responding if purchased through Amazon then I have to go to Amazon download - that is not true. I have already called Amazon and they have directed me to Intuit/TurboTax.

1) I purchased Deluxe 2021 and it has on the package - 2 ways to install - CD or Download

2) I went to InstallTurboTax.com > signed in to my account > entered the license code

3) This is where I am stuck:

TurboTax2021.png

4. In the past, I have never had this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Better call in.   I saw another question about that.  Maybe a problem starting.  If enough people report it to get fixed.

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Thank you, VolvoGirl. If you are an Intuit employee, could you also inquire and I will call in. I have been using TurboTax for years and never run into this problem. This is not a good experience considering now I have to find time to call for something that always just worked. 

I spent 4 hours on Monday this past week with Intuit TurboTax and Amazon to get nowhere. Both parties told me it was not their issue and pointed fingers at the other. At the end, I asked for a replacement from Amazon. Arrived yesterday and I tried again. Same issue - "Available on November 3rd". There is something wrong with the Turbotax software. I have tried another Windows machine and same results.  

Any ideas on how to get resolution?

Thank you.

I would get a refund from Amazon for the defective product and purchase the download from another vender or from TT directly.  A few have posted this issue with an amazon program purchase only  so it must be an amazon issue which may or may not get resolved. 

Another option is to talk to TT support and insist they push you another download for free to correct this glitch. 

There is a known issue with the CD/download from Amazon that is causing that "November 3" error message.   It is being worked on, so if you are patient it will be fixed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you, xmasbaby0! 

I wish the customer support at TurboTax would have told me that it is a known issue and it is actively being worked on instead of telling me it is an Amazon problem and I should ask them how to get the download to work. Did not and does not make sense to me as I am in the technical software industry myself.

I can wait and see when it becomes available. It would be good for Intuit/Turbotax to put a statement out there that this being worked on but silence and denial is all I have received. And if some of us choose to not wait, we can return to Amazon and purchase elsewhere as there is only so many days for the return policy.

Thank you.

This makes almost no sense at all.  "Be patient"?! The software was apparently available in some form in November, but here it is mid December and I cannot download the software to begin to enter information and calculate my potential tax liability?  I just have to "be patient"?

Yes, I bought the CD through Amazon. It is a TurboTax CD, not sure why it should make a difference where I bought the CD. I guess I'll go find my outboard CD/DVD and see if I can load TurboTax on my computer that way.

Update: Could not remember where I put my external CD/DVD, so instead copied files from CD to USB drive and used that to install TurboTax on my computer.   NOTE: AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST HAVING ACTIVATION ISSUES, COPY THE FILES FROM THE USB DRIVE TO YOUR COMPUTER THEN REMOVE THE USB DRIVE BEFORE YOU INSTALL AND ACTIVATE TT 2021.

@Dell795 I have been informed by the moderators that TurboTax will have an article ready soon to address this problem.   Several other users have reported this problem---so far all of them are users who purchased the software from Amazon.   It will be resolved---sorry ---we know you are anxious to use the software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Actually correcting the problem would be more helpful than an article addressing the problem.

In any event, as I edited my original post to reflect, I used another computer to copy the TurboTax Install CD files to a USB drive and used that to install TurboTax 2021 Home and Business on my primary computer (which does not have a CD/DVD drive).   Doing that, I was able to install and activate TT 2021.  It also updated the TT files, so presumably TT is working.

I sure hope that TT 2021 has fixed the activation issue that plagued the 2019 and 2020 editions, where if you changed your computer's hardware in any way, adding or removing a USB drive or other USB device, TT would think it had not been activated and would ask for a new code.  After going through many codes and calls to Customer Service in 2019, I learned with 2020 to make sure to have nothing attached to my computer when installing TT and if the activation screen ever came up, to disconnect all USB devices.  2019 and 2020 even ask for activation codes if I connect a card reader (with no cards in it) to my computer.

Dell795 - thank you for writing. When I called TT support earlier in the week, I was clearly told that only a handful of people have reported this issue and redirected to Amazon and towards Amazon’s Digital library to download. Totally does not make sense to me why this would be a retailer’s issue. I do not work for Amazon or have any affiliation to it so not siding one or the other. I just know that hours have been spent and still do not have TT 2021 downloaded. I was told that I should have e purchased direct. This is poor customer service from TT.

chihuahua
Returning Member

Thank you Dell795 for a alternative way to download. I too am having the exact same problem that you described

chihuahua
Returning Member

Thank you RMD2021 for your detailed comments. I have the EXACT same issue and glad to know I'm not the only one. Hope TT will fix this soon.

Any update from TT? I want to determine if should return once again to Amazon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies