Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I:? I signed into Turbo Tax, then my daughter entered her 2018TaxReturn informationUsingTheFreeTurboTaxReturnOption.NowIGetHerReturnandCannot repairErr 2017 AGI

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

How do I:? I signed into Turbo Tax, then my daughter entered her 2018TaxReturn informationUsingTheFreeTurboTaxReturnOption.NowIGetHerReturnandCannot repairErr 2017 AGI

You appear to be using TTax On-Line --NOT the downloaded desktop version that is installed on YOUR computer.

If you are using the On-Line version, one of the features is that the  user ID/account can be used for ONE and only one tax return --e-filed or printed/mailed.  (Has always been this way)

If you need (or try) to prepare more than one return you MUST create a new user ID/account and pay for EACH return  --if you want to use the on-line version.  The same e-mail address can be used for multiple DIFFERENT account ID's.

If you try to prepare a second return using the same ID you will overwrite all data for the first return
and it will be lost forever; thus if the IRS challenges your first return you will no longer have a basis
to respond to questions.

Starting another return (with the Online version)
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-a-second-return-in-turbotax-online

I paid $50.00 + tax for the CD and Turbo Tax software.  I have always been able to file my wife and my return.  The our daughter can file hers.  "eFILE" to state is extra, but Federal Return IS included!  What planet are YOU from?

@tjhBoB wrote:

I paid $50.00 + tax for the CD and Turbo Tax software.  I have always been able to file my wife and my return.  The our daughter can file hers.  "eFILE" to state is extra, but Federal Return IS included! 

What you have written is accurate with respect to the CD (installed) TurboTax software. However, @Critter's post was referring to the Online version of TurboTax, which can only be used to prepare one income tax return per user ID.

It sounded like you were asking about the Online web version you log into.  Online is different.  Online is only good for one return.

What is your question about the CD Desktop program?  You don't sign into the Desktop program.  There is no Free version in the Desktop program.  You tried to squeeze your question into the subject/title line and we don't understand it.  Try posting more details.

"What planet are YOU from?"  You asked a very unclear question and are getting help from a VOLUNTEER who spends time helping people who get confused when they use the TurboTax software.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am using the Deluxe CD in the cute two one Blue with white check on red yellow, white black letters TurboTax booklet cover.  And I will sure as hell be more careful to word smith my comments so as not to appear less than human!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies