Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I have retired and moved to Portugal. I became a tax resident of Portugal in October of 2023. Now by the Tax Treaty between the US and Portugal, my IRA distributions are taxed in Portugal. These distributions are from US accounts and are reported on ... read more
kmdharan ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post Saturday by kmdharan
Hello, We're selling our house and need assistance completing the California Form 593 Real Estate Withholding Tax Statement form. Escrow informed us most people typically select #1 or #2 under Part III of the Certifications to exempt the sale from wi... read more
LN16 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by TomD8
830c45515852 ‎Posted June 25, 2024 | Latest post June 25, 2024 by xmasbaby0
Hello community!We sold a rental in Nov 2023 that we purchased in 2010 and lived in until Dec 2015.We are now selling another property this month (Jun 2024) due to military retirement (which I believe is considered a PCS). - that means selling 2 prim... read more
egryn ‎Posted June 23, 2024 | Latest post June 23, 2024 by M-MTax
I am AD military, and CT is my home of record. I am currently stationed in CT, and will be moving out of state where my cumulative days spent in CT for 2024 will be <183. Based on this I believe that for 2024 I will be a part-year resident. As a part... read more
Denno1 ‎Posted June 19, 2024 | Latest post June 21, 2024 by TomD8
Currently in the process of selling my primary residence in GA. I am an active duty military member resident of FL. Am I exempt from GA tax withholdings requirements under O.C.G.A. 48-7-128? I am going to report the sale in my Federal taxes for the y... read more
Tax_questions571 ‎Posted June 11, 2024 | Latest post June 17, 2024 by JotikaT2
stanle84 ‎Posted June 14, 2024 | Latest post June 17, 2024 by TomD8
Of the 3 months, I only received correct entitlements for 1 month (this includes tax exclusion, CZTE, and IDP/HDP). Because of the change in CY, our base finance couldn't backpay the entitlements. Rather, they issued a W-2C to ensure I received my en... read more
viperdriver69 ‎Posted June 15, 2024
Hi, I purchased the TurboTax Live Full Service Self-Employed, but I would like to upgrade to having the full service for a joint filing with my spouse. I don't find any option for this, how can I do this?
jcanalesr92 ‎Posted April 23, 2024 | Latest post April 23, 2024 by DoninGA
jhoover2 ‎Posted April 20, 2024 | Latest post April 22, 2024 by DMarkM1
Is this considered a federal debt like AAFES (Military Star card) told me?Is there's a statute of limitations on garnishment of federal debts. It is my understanding there's a 10 year statute of limitations on collections for federal debts.If it is n... read more
eviebrk ‎Posted June 19, 2021 | Latest post April 18, 2024 by JEGilson
I filed for state of Kentucky tax return and paid owed taxes but I feel it was incorrect because exemption wasn’t taken in consideration for military
Eddie0819 ‎Posted April 18, 2024 | Latest post April 18, 2024 by DMarkM1
I thought I was all set with the turbo tax federal and states and went to double check the state and don't think Turbo Tax understands my answers to auto questions? I am a TX resident, on active duty orders and living in VA. I have an additional job ... read more
hcosey ‎Posted April 15, 2024 | Latest post April 18, 2024 by DMarkM1
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies