Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
TurboTax offers a Free Military Discount to many members of the armed services. Here are answers to some common questions about the Free Military Discount: Is there a military discount for TurboTax? Who is eligible for the TurboTax Free Military Disc... read more
Moderator ‎Posted February 22, 2022
This is my family's first year claiming the PFD Credit since living in Alaska. We all claimed it and received it. Myself, my wife, and our child who is under 19. I know that we all should receive 1099-DIVs or 1099-MISCs for this. The amount per perso... read more
FSairsonlock ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by rjs
I'm active duty military stationed in Hawaii. My home of record is Florida. So I pay no state taxes. But I have started a second job as an independent contractor. Which means for the income from the second job I have to pay Federal self employment ta... read more
MilitaryDoc ‎Posted August 15, 2022 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Carl
NM took 12 weeks to fail to refund me my money even though I went through the TurboTax online precisely. I suspect this is because one of the forms was not checked correctly, specifically my New Mexico PIT-B, Box E, was not checked. All the math was ... read more
ral_kx ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a month ago by tagteam
Good Day, We are trying to file joint, on the same account. I do not need to file for Nevada, but She needs to file for Delaware, but when I start state taxes Delaware tries to tax our joint income. Should we file separately for state and joint feder... read more
CasonUnit ‎Posted May 2, 2022 | Latest post August 20, 2022 by TomD8
How do I claim military retirement cash payments made directly to my ex-spouse? Is this reported as alimony, or as negative income somewhere else?
Spacedadcrash ‎Posted January 19, 2020 | Latest post August 9, 2022 by hokietrax
My spouse is in the Navy with orders on Guam. Our SLR is California. I'm currently working but have not changed my withholding with my employer. I know I will have to pay taxes to CA. My question is do I need to change my withholding or will the Stat... read more
Epalomo ‎Posted June 25, 2022 | Latest post June 29, 2022 by TomD8
Our son is in the military and currently on deployment until August-September. He has not filed his 2021 tax return. Does he have an automatic extension or is he required to file an extension? We are unable to communicate with him currently and have ... read more
TJ4455 ‎Posted April 17, 2022 | Latest post June 22, 2022 by fanfare
[foreward: not real name, created for number crafting]BLUF: Complex situation regarding sale of primary turned rental, passing 2 of 5 year test with 10 extension due to military service, but sale occurring 9 months after retirement [and end of qualif... read more
clarKent ‎Posted May 27, 2022 | Latest post June 4, 2022 by Carl
I entered my wife's 1098-T and now it is asking me if the scholarship amount listed in box 5 includes any veterans' benefits or not. How do I know if she received these benefits?
malcadon48 ‎Posted May 19, 2022 | Latest post May 20, 2022 by xmasbaby0
We are selling our home after being rented for several years. We are military and have lived in the home for 2 of the last 15 years. It is my understanding that we would be exempt from witholding. We were given Form IT-AFF2 for our closing. This seem... read more
JKKSIMPSON ‎Posted May 10, 2022 | Latest post May 11, 2022 by Carl
d10146852146 ‎Posted April 22, 2022 | Latest post April 30, 2022 by Critter-3
drothbauer83 ‎Posted April 30, 2022 | Latest post April 30, 2022 by DoninGA
Does my son need to file a non resident tax form for georgia even though he is a resident of texas? he only went to georgia for boot camp and basic training?
rlilbox ‎Posted April 17, 2022 | Latest post April 30, 2022 by Tanyar
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings