Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
TurboTax offers a Free Military Discount to many members of the armed services. Here are answers to some common questions about the Free Military Discount: Is there a military discount for TurboTax? Who is eligible for the TurboTax Free Military Disc... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted December 12, 2019
Hello,I am active duty and lived in my home for 10 years before getting orders and having to move(having to rent the house out). The house has been under a property manager for approx 2 years (a little less). If I’m reading the tax code correctly, I’... read more
Roadie916 ‎Posted August 15, 2021 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by tagteam
I was in the military and stationed in Illinois when I received a reenlistment bonus. My home of record is Washington, where there is no income tax. The IRS has recently contacted me about missing Illinois state tax money from that year.
jacobblade700 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by TomD8
Hello,I am active duty and I am stationed in PA. My wife and I have been legally married for a number of years. We are both residents of PA. My wife took a job working remotely for a company based in CA. Under CA law she received "...income for servi... read more
Allstar16401 ‎Posted September 13, 2021 | Latest post a month ago by TomD8
i received a corrected w-2 from my employer. my ss tax withheld was 1434.16 and the correct information is 2172.61. also, my medicare tax withheld was 508.16 and is now 508.11. Should i file an amended return. I was active duty military when i filed ... read more
mikeanddevon ‎Posted September 5, 2021 | Latest post September 5, 2021 by mikeanddevon
edaw639444 ‎Posted August 2, 2021 | Latest post August 9, 2021 by TomD8
We are unsure if we owe taxes because they were orders and if they are capital gains, where to show this, and frustrated.
cinderl8t ‎Posted July 26, 2021 | Latest post July 26, 2021 by DoninGA
Are military reservist considered active military for purposes of the third stimulus where only one spouse has a valid social security number?
irdoram ‎Posted July 19, 2021 | Latest post July 23, 2021 by Critter-3
How do I get the system to not include my combat pay? I know it's legally allowed and probably a software glitch.
tonyathe2 ‎Posted July 11, 2021 | Latest post July 12, 2021 by Critter-3
I received your email today stating you will be removing your fees from my bank account for something is wrong with my Tax return, and Turbo TAX is going to be paid. Well I have news for you if something is wrong its your fault because your program d... read more
pamelagc1 ‎Posted July 4, 2021 | Latest post July 9, 2021 by Critter-3
I'm active Navy stationed in VA but a FL resident. I completely forgot about my 1099K for paypal just looked it has over $700 for 2021 in 1a for gross amount. Do i need to ammend my taxes. I'm concerned I need to add it.
jessica33218 ‎Posted July 4, 2021 | Latest post July 7, 2021 by jessica33218
Is this considered a federal debt like AAFES (Military Star card) told me?Is there's a statute of limitations on garnishment of federal debts. It is my understanding there's a 10 year statute of limitations on collections for federal debts.If it is n... read more
eviebrk ‎Posted June 19, 2021 | Latest post June 29, 2021 by Opus 17
I am a military spouse and our home of record is in Texas. We are currently stationed in Virginia. I qualify under the Military Spouse Residency Relief Act (MSRRA). I am an independent contractor and recently set up a single-member TX LLC. I always p... read more
Charlesj1 ‎Posted June 10, 2021 | Latest post June 21, 2021 by TomD8
rickedbor ‎Posted June 14, 2021 | Latest post June 14, 2021 by xmasbaby0
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings