Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
TurboTax offers a Free Military Discount to many members of the armed services. Here are answers to some common questions about the Free Military Discount: Is there a military discount for TurboTax? Who is eligible for the TurboTax Free Military Disc... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted December 12, 2019
Good afternoon,I'm active duty military, my spouse is a civilian who lived in GA for part of 2020. Turbo tax has a warning message saying AL requires we file separately even though we are filing federal jointly. Well, does anyone know how to get this... read more
marj33 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by AmyC
Hi I have a question I have every year. In Alabama Military Retirement Pay is not taxes but this year I can not find the form or location to remove from taxable income in my Alabama tax forms can you help me get this done need help Roger
rogbax520 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by BillM223
To get started, enter your military W-2 and verify your military rank when prompted within your chosen TurboTax Online product (Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed). Your discount will automatically be applied when you file. TurboTax Online ... read more
‎Posted May 24, 2019 | Latest post Tuesday by LenaH
I am active duty army and am stationed in Korea, I am trying to file WV state taxes and it will not let me select special non-resident status. Why is this? Thanks
Bbrin17 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by DanaB27
I am a military member and ROTC instructor at a major university and am working on an advanced degree at the university. The university considers me a faculty member and gives me break on tuition and sends me a 1099MISC. Is this considered income and... read more
EJE2O2L ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Thursday by DanielV01
We had an accident on our homestead and cannot live there, so we were homeless and forced to pay rent in town
cross4ez ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by DanielV01
ianhayes19 ‎Posted February 3, 2020 | Latest post a week ago by DMarkM1
do i have to pay taxes on hazlewood benefits received for a previous year?
coolremi ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DawnC
My wife and I got married on June 12th of 2020, and she moved from Brooklyn, NY to VA at the end of July. She began claiming TX as her legal state of residence for tax purposes after we were married as per the VBTA however NY State has asked us for a... read more
whatgoesupmustcomedown ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by DMarkM1
I lived in Germany for 9 months and USA for 3 months in 2020, how do I account for where I lived the whole year on turbotax? It will only allow me to put the state I lived in, but the majority of the year is absent from turbotax. This is under Deduct... read more
katlou ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by DanaB27
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings