Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
TurboTax offers a Free Military Discount to many members of the armed services. Here are answers to some common questions about the Free Military Discount: Is there a military discount for TurboTax? Who is eligible for the TurboTax Free Military Disc... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted December 12, 2019
I am retired military (USAF). I am also a 100% Service-connected disable veteran and receive a monthly pension. The IRS Publication 525 page 18, state that my USAF Retirement pay is not taxable. How do I apply this to my 2018 tax return?Publication 5... read more
MarvinPhyllis ‎Posted February 9, 2019 | Latest post 58m ago by Rob_D
Even though I am in the military, my IL state form is telling me I have an error and should NOT have any amount in the Qualifying Military Pay box. I was an IL resident and an Iowa NonResident
plange ‎Posted Tuesday
I just completed my MFJ return. I need to complete a Mock MFS return in order to complete my VA state return. It seems like I have to start all over. Is that the only way? I have the Turbo Tax downloaded version.thank you!
cgb808 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by cgb808
My W-2 from DFAS has "TX" in box 15 and consequently no amount withheld for state taxes in the following boxes. The W-2 also notes my correct address in Utah, since I updated the address with my unit when I got there.
mallenv ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by TomD8
A friend of mine just filed her taxes through Turbo for the first time. She told me she owes CA over $400. She was stationed outside of CA for the entire year, so owing state income tax doesn't seem right. I found Form 1032 which appears to confirm t... read more
MaxFactor ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by SteamTrain
turtleswork ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by TomD8
I am retired military receiving a pension and am a 100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran. The state of Georgia has a "special provision" which allows for this retirement income to be adjusted on the Georgia tax return up to $65,000; however, I do n... read more
Pavonebl ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Pavonebl
I was informed that active duty military can file taxes for the current year and the year before. Is this true?
chase-c-comstock ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Carl
I am trying to move my 2019 federal tax return from Online to desktop - you are supposed to be able to do this by saving as a .tax file and then opening in the desktop version. However since I am trying to open a .tax2019 file, there is no option for... read more
lclems ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by lclems
Unique5 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by GiseleD
Top Contributors