Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
TurboTax offers a Free Military Discount to many members of the armed services. Here are answers to some common questions about the Free Military Discount: Is there a military discount for TurboTax? Who is eligible for the TurboTax Free Military Disc... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted December 12, 2019
I realized I missed my expenses for military duty by using form 2106. I put these figures in on the amendment and it shows I’d have another $1200 coming back to me. My question is can I use the form 2106 and still file MFS even tho I’m a reservist or... read more
Joshk716 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 47m ago by JulieS
Hello all,I am a military member (Guard) living in Illinois, but I work in Missouri. To be clear, my state of legal residence and domicile are both in IL, I do not live in Missouri. I just earn money in Missouri (over $600).I understand that I need t... read more
wickedgood75 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post an hour ago by DawnC
He gets military pay, and I was told that I need to have him on my taxes this year, but he would file his own return.
gavin-myer1 ‎Posted May 31, 2019 | Latest post 3 hours ago by HelenC12
SLR is Guam. Do I file my tax return on Guam or with the IRS?
alpha671 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by MinhT1
I was under the impression that NJ was one of the states that exempted active duty military residents from paying state income tax.
zechariahsr ‎Posted June 5, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by DMarkM1
When I try to file my state taxes, it keeps asking for me to put “Other State Name” from my PCS W2. There is no state listed because no state tax info was listed on the W2 at all. So what do I put since it won’t let me efile without a state name?
AustinB ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by ThomasM125
antgazz34 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by JohnB5677
I am an Ohio permanent resident, and active-duty stationed in Texas. On the Ohio IT 1040, I checked that I am a Full-Time Resident of Ohio. I entered my W2 military pay on Schedule A, Line 26 which is for 'Military pay received by Ohio residents whil... read more
timbiehle ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Wednesday by timbiehle
d-lich ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by JohnB5677
Unless I'm incorrect, for tax year 2018, Arizona only allows for either a military retired pay exemption or a state employee retired pay exemption, but 2019 Turbo Tax Deluxe applies both exemptions. Is this a change in Arizona law????
PGbS ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by DawnC
Top Contributors