Military Tax Prep Tips and Help | TurboTax® Support

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tax help for military filers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
TurboTax offers a Free Military Discount to many members of the armed services. Here are answers to some common questions about the Free Military Discount: Is there a military discount for TurboTax? Who is eligible for the TurboTax Free Military Disc... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted December 12, 2019
I am a reservist that was on active duty orders from 11/15/2019-12/25/2020 with residency in NY. I moved back to NY from California on 12/25/2020. I rented an apt in California with a lease ending in 12/23/2020. 1) Since all my income was made on act... read more
Erik21 ‎Posted 4 hours ago
How can I change my Military Status to show that I was active duty for part of the year and reserve for the rest?
Ahentzen ‎Posted 9 hours ago
I just reviewed my 2019 "Information for the Tax Payer Worksheet" and noticed my "Member of U.S. Armed Forces" box was unchecked although I am a active duty service member in the U.S. Armed Forces. This is the first document over the past 7 years tha... read more
horra1 ‎Posted 15 hours ago | Latest post 14 hours ago by horra1
Hello -I have never in my life received a W-2 that shows absolutely zero "Federal Income Tax" withheld in Box 2. Is this an error? What would be the causes of this? Thank you!
jde1995 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 18 hours ago by SteamTrain
My wife and I are both active duty. My home of record is Pennsylvania and hers is Virginia. We are stationed in Virginia. I do not pay state Taxes because Pennsylvania exempts me because of active duty. For federal I filed married filing jointly. The... read more
jmalaska ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by ThomasM125
Earlier I posted about a Federal ID for the Payer that came back as an invalid number. Could there be an issue with the Turbo Tax software?
Taff-family ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by DoninGA
Dynamic Ads
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings