Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smythwick

What is the code to receive my $20 USAA Discount?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To get your USAA discount, you will need to make sure you start on the USAA Tax Center website. Please see this TurboTax help article for additional information: How do I get my TurboTax affiliate partner discount?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nie03013

I logged in and filed my taxes through the USAA app but it didn't the discount. Why not?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this help article regarding Affiliate Discounts. 
How do I get my TurboTax affiliate partner discount?

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. 
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

We logged in to USAA multiple times yesterday, clicked the Tax Center link to Turbotax, signed in through the link provided page and never received the USAA discount. It processed our credit card before being able to review the total amount charged and we have paid full price. The discount is not being applied even though the proper steps were followed. We have done this every year for a long time. The discount is not being applied and we would like to receive a credit for being a USAA member.

We have talked to two separate agents and no one seems to know how to issue a credit for the discount we should have received. First one was yesterday TurboTax Case [phone number removed].

The discount link is not working. We started on the USAA page, went to the Tax Center, clicked the Turbo Tax link, the page was redirected to the Turbo Tax login, we signed into Turbo tax and it never did the discount. We have done this for years and know how it works. The discount is not being applied even though proper steps were followed.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@RickC12 

I would suggest reaching back out to TurboTax customer support, as this is the only way we can assist you with this refund. When you call in, request billing assistance and that should get you to the correct place.

We reached out to them this morning. Their response was "we're a big company and support doesn't have the authority to issue refunds, even if they are valid". Unless you have a different contact, then we are just being pushed around in circles without being taken care of.

keller94

Same issue - used turbotax for decades and always got the USAA discount - now even using the USAA members perks discount link from USAA page it does not apply at end of my taxes when ready for payment. Very frustrating for a company to say nothing we can do - Will complain to USAA and ask them to look at HR Block or other competitors of yours.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this help article regarding Affiliate Discounts. 

How do I get my TurboTax affiliate partner discount?

We started on the USAA website and used their link to login to Turbo Tax. It's not working and doesn't seem to be working with some of their other affiliate discounts, like travel.  There should still be a way for Turbo Tax to give us a $20 refund because we did follow the correct procedure and paid the wrong amount.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

To help get you connected to the right person for assistance, please visit the link below for information on how to contact Customer Support. @RickC12

How do I contact TurboTax? - Intuit

I have tried ALL my sites and none of the discounts will apply.  I started with my USAA discount and then tried others.  I have deleted cookies and tried different browsers after also deleting cookies on them.  Sure, I know discount codes can be shared but this is driving me to FINALLY consider breaking away from Turbo Tax and switching to another option.  I am currently looking at Tax Act and Tax Slayer.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

@stef315

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies