turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

caj22

What does this mean?"E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed. Revisit the Review section to see more details...."

I checked under NYS forms and it says form IT.-2 is unsupported for Efile does that 

mean the form is still being updated or is it just unable to be efiled?

caj22

What does this mean?"E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed. Revisit the Review section to see more details...."

my federal has already been submitted, accepted, and refunded but getting the same message when trying to file the state.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

This may mean your state has forms that are unable to be e-filed.  For more details, please see the Help Article here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kfourcell
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue; I completed both Federal and State, but the State return insist on say "E-File is not available because your tax return includes forms that can't be e-filed. Revisit the Review section to see which forms. Make sure to mail your return by April 15, 2021."; yet no option to efile.

kfourcell
Returning Member

Well apparently I can't efile sense I don't have W2; WTF, I'm on disability!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@kfourcell Your state return could have documents that are unsupported by e-file; I am including the State Availability forms list for your reference - just select the way you are using Turbo Tax (Online, CD, Download) and then select your state from the list.

jdanosborn1959
Returning Member

Like others here I am getting the cannot file electronically due to the "Your Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is based on non-documented earned income.

So I live in Tennessee so we have no personal state income tax forms so that should be an issue in terms of State approvals.  The EIC Worksheet on the Prior Year earned Income Election Smart Worksheet on line B which would show what you received in 2018 is 0 so that cannot be the issue.

Still a puzzle....

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@jdanosborn1959 Have you checked to make sure you did not accidentally generate forms that you do not need that may be preventing you from e-filing? 

jdanosborn1959
Returning Member

How would one know which forms are not neccessary?

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

@jdanosborn1959 You would have to print out your tax return and compare it with your previous year tax return to see if there were any forms or schedules that are new for your 2020 tax return. Then, look at the information on them and if and where they show up on your form 1040 to determine if they are necessary.

There a few instanced that require you to send in your return no matter what. The one I am aware of is if your W2 has a J code. Why? Only the government knows.  They don't like the "0" under wages maybe. Just send it in to the the IRS office based on your area. Nothing to worry about.

Take care

jdanosborn1959
Returning Member

Quite frankly it has become clear that Intuit wants to drop its actual software business.  I just filed my entire return with exactly the same Information through one of the IRS partners with no issues and they actually found additional credits that the most up to date version of Turbo Tax, missed.  Yes I checked for updates just today.

You can count me as a former Intuit Customer.  I got my business off of QBO recently and we are moving our personal financial software to something new as well.  Best of luck to everyone staying in the Intuit reality....

Did you receive your refund yet? I still haven't gotten anything back yet. Its so frustrating 😫

I filed the same ans still haven't received my refund. Have you? Thanks 😊

I'm confused I efiled my child tax credits  without provided my AGI . Or W2 I wish I never filed early because I didn't know I'm gonna have to amend my taxes now. I need help how can I redo my taxes return

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies