Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean?"E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed. Revisit the Review section to see more details...."

I called customer service twice and the irs. All say I can efile. The one turbotax rep took over my computer and said he seen no issues to prevent me to efile. He went to the review page with me and everything. So today I removed using 2019 earned income from my eic and child tax credit and it gave me the option to efile. It is paid software. I filled out with out tax softwares to see if they had the same issue and they do. The software itself isn't liking the use of the 2019 earned income and won't let me efile on any software. Paid or Free. Irs said I can efile. I know I'm not the only one with this issue. Its frustrating. 

What does this mean?"E-File is not available because your tax return includes a tax situation that can't be e-filed. Revisit the Review section to see more details...."

I know of no reason that you should not be able to e-file.

Does the Federal review show any error?

Are you using online version or the desktop version?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried both online versions free and deluxe.  No errors or anything saying I have to wait for a form. It oks me and says I'm ready to file on review screen. Then it had me pay, asked me about direct deposit then last it says sign and file and I get the Efile is not available........( the title of this thread) so I go to the review screen.  I've tried to file on my android phone on 3 different browsers and the app. I tried using a laptop on 2 different browsers. I tried using hr block, it just said " IRS does not allow you to file this return electronically since there is an EIC credit without certain type of current year earned income present" but it makes no sense since I filled out the questions the same way on all softwares and it says I do qualify. 

I've tried turbotax free and deluxe. I tried Jackson Hewitt, this site said nys wasn't accepting efile yet. But today no issues with that, I just wasn't paying for a 3rd software. 

The tax law says I can use my earned income from 2019 and I have unemployment. All the softwares give me the option of using 2019 earned income. 

I figure I can remove my 2019 earned income and then it let's me efile. I can then amend it later, which is annoying. I can see a tax preparer but that costs more money. I can mail them and who knows when I would see any of the return. I can call turbotax support again and irs again. No one has answers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I deleted and then re-added the 2019 earned income and got the error in thread in picture. 

Screenshot_20210207-230413_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ah - I missed that TurboTax FAQ.        I guess they know about it and if you sign up you will get an email when  it is fixed.

Thanks.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I was able to efile finally!!!! I fuwss we had to wait until it was open. 

I was able to efile today with the look back provision included. Finally! 

I was able to efile today. Put the 2019 info back in a try again. Good luck! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know, i just added my stuff back in and i was too!! 

I was able to E-file today using my 2019 tax info for the Earned Income and Child Tax Credits. 

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes.  It means that one or more forms aren't available to e-file yet.  The IRS is still finalizing some tax forms needed for electronic filing. For the meantime, click Federal Review (upper right hand of the screen).to verify which form/s needed on you income tax return or to check for errors.

The IRS will be accepting electronic filing by February 12, 2021.

See, federal forms availability, link.

dsherwoo

I am still having this issue with my New York State return. It seems some people were able to resolve this problem by simply waiting for forms to become available, but no luck for me. It should be a pretty straightforward filing--just a Form IT-203, Nonresident and Part-Year Resident which is listed as available to e-file here.

Both my Federal return and my Colorado State return have both been e-filed and accepted, so I'm not sure what unique tax situation that are referring to.

I'd prefer not to file by mail, but it seems that's the only option. Am I missing something?

dsherwoo

Update: Apparently I had mistakenly generated forms that were not supported on e-file, specifically an IT-2 and an IT-215, but there is no way to see this from the main page. I was able to go to Tax Tools -> Tools -> Delete a form, and manually remove these forms from my State return and it worked. Was then able to e-file!

rog9424
Returning Member

I did this exact thing and now I owe NY State money!!! I never was supposed to pay anything. How do I go about fixing this I cannot find anywhere to fix this. Please help.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Do not delete your IT-2, as it is required by New York State if you had W-2 income. Form IT-2, Summary of Wages, on your state return. This form is cannot be e-filed with TurboTax.

If you deleted your Form IT-2, please confirm that the state withholding did not also get deleted as you said owe money after you deleted the form. To confirm this, please go back to your federal input screens and confirm your state withholding is correct. 

To get back to the W-2 screen, you can follow these steps in TurboTax:

1. Open your tax return. 
  2. Search for W-2 with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page. 
  3. Select the Jump to W-2 link at the top of the search results.
  4. Edit each W-2 with NYS withholding.
  5. Add back withholding, if necessary.

You should also check your State summary screen to make sure the Taxes Paid portion is correct. 

Please follow the instructions to access your state summary:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click on Tax Tools.
  3. Click on Tools.
  4. Click on View Tax Summary under Other helpful links.
  5. Click on NY Tax Summary on the left hand side. 

Per NYS, you're required to electronically file your return if you meet all three of the following conditions:

• You use software to prepare your own personal income tax return
  • Your software supports the electronic filing of your return
  • You have broadband Internet access. 

Since you do not meet all three of the above conditions, you can mail your return. There is no penalty for mailing in your return. 

If you are NOT including a payment, mail your return to:

STATE PROCESSING CENTER

PO BOX 61000

ALBANY NY 12261-0001

If you ARE including a payment (check or money order), mail your return (including Form IT-201-V) to:

STATE PROCESSING CENTER

PO BOX 15555

ALBANY NY 12212-5555

@rog9424

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies