Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Updates for turbotax 2020 will not install. Any suggestions?

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@NanJean

@williasp

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After speaking with TT support, I uninstalled TT2020, then reinstalled it from my TT account (which shows my downloads).  That seems to have fixed the problem (at least as of this moment).

2/13/2021 Education & Retirement sections state IRS still doing updates. Called IRS, all regulations are completed. TT Premier shows updates not completed no matter how many times I try to update! Frustrating!!! Running Windows 10 w all current updates completed. Please fix your installer program Intuit.

Try the uninstall/reinstall that worked for me per my note above.

R16 Superpatch is out ... Worked fine for me .. Will see how it goes later when I go to finish the returns in March

R16 2020  160   0100 patch ... Can't put whole url as it thinks the patch number is a phone and removes it. So copy the url below and then add (with dots between the 3 groups) the R16 nu,ber above (remove brackets)

MMac
Level 2

Thanks bruceb. R16 patch updated TT sucessfully.

To Turbotax Moderators and Support Personnel:

You need to keep the Manual Update URL Site properly updated with the

very latest versions of the Manual Update Files .. It is currently R16 * * 2020 * * 160 * * 0100 but the manual update site is still showing R15.1 ... please get this fixed ... Also this support site keeps thinking a program version number is a Phone Number and keeps erasing it ... Get this fixed .... Thank you

Update: I installed the R 16 patch and was able to complete the tax return up to the point of  transmitting electronically. I clicked the transmit, TT 2020 stated there is one update that must be completed before transmitting. The update froze (same as when this problem first started) and did not complete! 

It would not allow me to transmit the return electronically.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TT 2020Premier to no avail.

I would like very much for TurboTax to send me a clean copy of the TurboTax Premier 2020 with all updates included. Reference #[social security number removed]

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue, please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@Phgorzny

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, MichelleLO!  I was on the phone with TT Customer Support case #[social security number removed] when I received your post.  After we worked through all of Nettie's (sweet lady) resolutions to no avail  (1hr20min), she sent me a new download of TT2020 Premier.  (P.S. the reinstall of my TT2020 Premier and update patch 15.1 did not work when performing the final review of tax return & it request you to update one last time before filing return. It froze again and did not update)

Now I will do a clean uninstall of my TT2020 Premier, Patch 16, and Patch 15.1.  I will reboot computer and create a new restore point.  I will then "run as administrator" and install the new clean copy of TT2020 Premier from download.  Stay tuned.... I will update you!

PatG

2/19/2021 3:15 pm Central

Final Update:  

1) Did a clean uninstall of my TT2020 Premier, Patch 16, and Patch 15.1. Ran CCleaner app. Reboot Computer

2) Create a new restore point. 

3) Turned off my Vipre & Windows Defender virus protection.

4) Downloaded new TT2020 Premier, turned on Vipre & WD, and installed.  "run as administrator" the program.

Success!! Taxes completed.

Thank you Ms Nettie, TT Customer Support, YOU are my hero for being patient, understanding, and providing me a clean install TT2020 Premier!  Case #[social security number removed] Closed.

Faith in TurboTax Intuit restored.

I hope by posting this series of trial & errors, I can help others. Patg

Patch 17 is out for TurboTax 

http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_* * 2020 * * .170 * * .0100 * *.exe

Remove * and spaces leave the periods.

mtimbone

FYI, I am having the same issues.  Tried everything and yes I am using a PC running Windows 10 version 20H2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure to click on "Check for Updates" and update your software if needed. If that doesn't work you can manually update your software.

KatinaLO .. Please update manual update information. It is still showing 15.1 but R17.0 * * 2020 * * 170 * * 0100 * * is currently out. The manual update page does not show this and it should ... .Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies