Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Unable to complete.

Could you be entering the 1099R in the wrong place?  Or the foreign income could be coming from another kind of 1099 or K-1?

Try deleting the 1099R and re enter it manually.  That usually clears something out.

Enter a 1099R under

Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business)

Wages & Income at the top

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,

Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit

There are 4 boxes.  Be sure to pick the right box for the kind of 1099R you got.

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.

jwalker11

Unable to complete.

I'm at RETIREMENT BENEFITS DEDUCTIONS WORKSHEET  2022 for North Carolina taxes. I'm asked if I qualify for the Baily settlement. I don't know.

jwalker11

Unable to complete.

I think I qualify for the Bailey Settlement, but I have no information about it so I don't know

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Unable to complete.

@jwalker11 If you had 5 or more years of service credited as of August 12, 1989 and received retirement benefits received from certain  defined benefit plans, such as the North Carolina Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System, the North Carolina Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System, the North Carolina Consolidated Judicial Retirement System, the Federal Employees' Retirement System, or the United States Civil Service Retirement System, then you would qualify for the Bailey Settlement.

Note: The exclusion does not apply to retirement benefits paid to former teachers and state employees of other states and their political subdivisions.

Reference: Bailey Act

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ronald30

Unable to complete.

Hello , I was using the fre software when it timed me out, should I just by the same package i didi last year

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Unable to complete.

If your tax situation hasn't changed; If you start with the Free Edition, once you begin to enter information not supported by this version, the system will prompt you to upgrade to the most suitable version for your current tax situation. You may compare versions here @Ronald30 .

dmhcovey

Unable to complete.

My license code is for a Mac not Windows!   Help

dmhcovey

Unable to complete.

What do I do?

Unable to complete.

@dmhcovey The download software is specific to Windows or Mac; if your download account has the wrong one, then you need help from customer support to put the correct download into your account.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Unable to complete.

TURBOTAX will not allow me to enter SS information

Unable to complete.

@rharrison5 wrote:

TURBOTAX will not allow me to enter SS information

Are you using the TurboTax online web-based editions?

Or are you using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on a computer?  If on a computer are using a Windows or Mac operating system?

Unable to complete.

I am retired. MY pension comes in two parts--a 1099R and a W2. I entered the income properly on my Federal return. It puts the income in the right places and I completed the Federal return with no errors. However when it transfers the income to PA return it treats it as interest and it calculates my state taxes by multiplying the entire amount by 3.07% our state tax on income. In PA Im not supposed to get taxed on the 1099R. Only the income shown on the W2.

HopeS
Expert Alumni

Unable to complete.

Please revisit your input for the Form 1099R and confirm that you are using the correct Code in Box 7. You must indicate the correct retirement distribution you received or the program will consider it taxable.

You would need to enter the 1099R in TurboTax as received. The following Federal codes in box 7 of Form 1099-R are not taxable.

• Code 7 (Normal Distribution) is not taxable if retired after meeting the plan retirement age and/or years of service. For a Code D, see annuities below.
  • Code 8 (Excess Contributions) is taxable to the extent there are excess earnings, or the employer did not include the contributions as taxable compensation.
  • Code 1 or 2 (Early Distribution) is generally taxable for Pennsylvania purposes unless it was an eligible plan and you retired after meeting the plan age requirement or years of service requirement.

You can review your PA return TurboTax with the following steps:

1. While in your TurboTax account, select Tax Tools in the left margin
  2. Select Tools
  3. Select View a Tax Summary
  4. In the left margin, select PA tax Summary
  5. When finished, Select "Back"

Review this link as well:

Form 1099R Income reported on PA State Return

@johnmenichini 

PamGully

Unable to complete.

It keeps telling me  "you received CPP or QPP retirement or disability benefits but did not enter the number of months from box 21 or box 23 of your T4A(P) slip" please fix and i have gone back and i have no amount in box 21 and it is entered on box 23 so i clicked done and it still is giving me the same message??

Unable to complete.

@PamGully wrote:

It keeps telling me  "you received CPP or QPP retirement or disability benefits but did not enter the number of months from box 21 or box 23 of your T4A(P) slip" please fix and i have gone back and i have no amount in box 21 and it is entered on box 23 so i clicked done and it still is giving me the same message??

Are you completing a Canadian tax return?  If so -

This is the TurboTax US user community website.
Go to this TurboTax Canada website for assistance with a Canadian tax return or the TurboTax Canada editions - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies