Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

same issue for me, 3 weeks later.  When I split the fed filing separately and agreed to pay manually by check, it worked for the 1041. Still cannot get WI form to e-file, however.

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

Fed 1041 filing accepted today after agreeing to pay tax due manually by check. Still waiting for WI, however.

Filing WI state form did not work this morning either.  I file the 1041 without the state several days ago.

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

I updated TT this morning (Friday,Mar 15), redid the WI return, updated manually (again). Still no luck. When will TT fix this bug??

I've been trying to file my state trust return with the state of Wisconsin for 3 weeks without success (I successfully filed the Federal Return separately weeks ago). I get the same error message as everyone else. Every time I call turbotax I get an agent that has no clue what is happening. They write notes and try to help me fix it to no avail. I've spent hours with TurboTax. They've started investigations and promised I would hear back. Nothing! This is getting to be absurd. Obviously, they are having software issues with the transmission of state tax returns. It sounds like they have fixed the GA corporate tax returns but they have not fixed the Wisconsin fiduciary returns. I've been a loyal customer for over 20 years. It's time to change to a new provider. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. At a minimum they should communicate the issue to their frontline agents and give an estimate of when the issue will be fixed or if it won't be fixed so we can move on.

I just spent more time with TT agent. They are now telling me that the investigation that I was told was started for my issue was never started! WTF is wrong with these people? Just tell us why the software isn't working and when it will be fixed without subjecting us to a lengthy process that goes nowhere. The last time I called they told me to push "shift/enter" and they would be able to see my screen. Really? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Sorry to learn that people trying to eFile in WI are still experiencing problems. TT fixed the GA partnership eFile with a back-end server update as the desktop client didn't change/had no outstanding updates.

The shift/enter part does actually work. You should see a pop-up box on your PC with a number. You give this number to the TT agent and they can see your screen (not sure what else they can see and how secure this is). I did this briefly when investigating another TT issue (1040 filing TT deluxe issue with form 1116 not completing properly from the step by step interview) and the agent moved an orange colored mouse cursor around my screen. TT didn't fix that problem either telling me that I'd need to hire one of their tax prep consultants to prove the software was at fault. Coincidently, the call dropped when I asked if I paid for the consultation and was correct whether TT refund the fee. I've since fixed this myself by entering the details in forms mode. 

The first 3 times, the TT agents had me type something into my search bar to gain a code to allow TT to see my screen. I tried the shift/enter method and it did not work. Why would it? I will try another software next year. By the way, despite what TT says in the software, the WI instructions state you can send your fiduciary return by mail as long as you aren't filing more than 50 tax returns so that is what I'm going to do.

Shift/enter did not work for me and TT support either.  TT finally submitted and GA finally accepted my e-file of S-Corp.  Before my last good attempt, I resolved myself to file by snail mail.  I went back to TT and set it to file by mail.  I printed all of the necessary forms to PDF.  Before actually printing them to printer, I tried one more time to e-file.  That's when it successfully submitted.  I don't know if something changed in TT when I selected file by mail and printed (to PDF) and then switched to e-file, or if TT actually fixed something regarding the "transmissions are not available".

Anyway, I'm good with business filing. Now I hope the personal filing doesn't f-up.

The Shift/enter process to see my screen does NOT work.  

This same thing happened to me during a chat with customer service. You'll notice some of them are quite inexperienced. Shift/Enter doesn't work for desktop users like me. Another agent was able to screen-share by emailing me a link, the link takes you to a support site that asks to download a program. That site will then generate a connection code you need to provide to the agent.

Hope that helps, 

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

Tried to file WI Fiduciary Taxes (Form 2) AGAIN today (Wed, Mar 20) - a miracle!! It worked! (Fed Form 1041 accepted last week). NOTE that I am paying the tax due manually by mailing a check with WI Form PV.

I have 3 more returns to prepare & file over the next couple of days ... we'll see!

ALSO NOTE  - TT advice by email a couple of days ago was to call Customer Service. I tried filing again first, *before* calling Cust Service, just in case. 

@CatinaT1

Eureka!  Successfully transmitted WI 1041 Trust form and received confirmation from WI DOR.

It shouldn't be this hard!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies