Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JSachs

TurboTax 2022 downloaded and installed but will not run - Windows 11

Purchased download copy of TurboTax 2022 - downloaded, extracted and installed (allegedly successfully) but will not run.  When I try to open the program, I get a brief "flash" of the TurboTax icon you would normally see, but it drops off immediately and the software will NOT run.  

Tried multiple times to delete and re-download, extract and/or run and install.  Nothing.  Same result each time.  Windows software is completely up-to-date and no known other issues.  

Stumped.  Driver issue with Intuit/TurboTax??  Ideas?  Suggestions?  Very frustrating.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

Hmmm...Installed the 2022 TurboTax Premier desktop edition on my Windows 11 personal computer with no issues.

With the TurboTax software installed try re-booting your PC and see if that helps.

If not then contact TurboTax support for assistance.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Additionally, run the software as Administrator.

On the TurboTax icon, right click with your mouse

Click on Properties

Click on Compatibility

Click on Run this program as administrator

Click on Apply and then on OK

Start the program again

Also check for any uninstalled OS updates ... install them and reboot at least twice.  Then open the program again and update it as well. 

JackJr2
Returning Member

Did the suggestions fix the issue?  As an aside, I had the same issues last year with Turbotax 2021.  You'd think after an entire year, the issue(s) would be fixed.

dbaron99
Returning Member

I've done everything you recommended and installed it on both my Windows 10 and 11 PCs ... seems to install correctly but when you launch TurboTax it just sits on the blue logo with the white on red circle check mark screen!!! I've spent way too much trying to get this buggy application working. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If none of the suggestions in this thread have worked for you, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for further assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@dbaron99 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JackJr2
Returning Member

Unfortunately, this is the typical "assistance"... a quick suggestion, but NOT a detailed / insightful response.  I diligently searched for an "800" number or email-link for the TurboTax Customer Support and/or the TurboTax Technical Support... no luck.  I'll admit, it's very well hidden!

dbaron99
Returning Member

Yes, JackJr2 it's very hard to find. Over the past three weeks I've spent a few hours with three different support agents. Finally, the one today agrees that it's a problem with TurboTax and for the first time had me run the built in "Diagnostic" program and we sent the two log files to intuits Level 2 support. Hopefully I should hear something back within a week! I wish you best of luck with getting your TurboTax to work, I feel your pain!!!

JackJr2
Returning Member

Yikes... a link to a link to another link... frustrating...

MichelleLO: this is the response you should provide:  If none of the suggestions in this thread have worked for you, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support on (XXX) XXX-XXXX or (IDEALLY) please call me directly on (XXX) XXX-XXXX for assistance.  

BTW, about a month ago, I solved my issue on my own... blind/dumb luck I guess...

dbaron99
Returning Member

What did you do to fix your problem? Mine seems to install properly but when I launch it it goes to the fist screen ... a blue square with intuit TurboTax and a red circle with a checkmark ... it goes no further!!!

JackJr2
Returning Member

I fiddled around with some of the settings on my PC - - frankly, it's been over a month since I did this stuff - - so, I'd be lying if I said I remember everything - - but, I also tried running the TurboTax software as an Administrator. 

If you haven't tried doing that yet, here's the scoop - - good luck:

Right-click on the TurboTax icon with your mouse.

On the ensuing menu, select Properties.

Click on Compatibility tab.

Put a checkmark on Run this program as Administrator.

Click on Apply and then click on OK.

Start TurboTax.

dbaron99
Returning Member

Thanks tried that too, no luck!😫

Anonymous
Not applicable

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies