turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax 2019 keeps crashing every time I get to Do you have another W-2 to enter? and I click no then Continue. Installed on Windows 7 Tried reinstalling but same issue.

@VolvoGirl  My duplicate reply isn't in either of them and new posts have been added.  Maybe you can post a link to it here on the other thread(s)?  For some reason I'm not able to do it. ☹️

Turbotax 2019 keeps crashing every time I get to Do you have another W-2 to enter? and I click no then Continue. Installed on Windows 7 Tried reinstalling but same issue.

Those links seem to go to the same one.  It's must be getting messed up because the titles are the same.  

Try this one that ends in 01/1597167

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-no-tech-support-for-turbotax-2019-crashing-on-... 

Then there is one ending in /159260 that points to the other one now.

@VolvoGirl My partner suggested putting it in a new post as a fix/workaround.    ??

robrandon

Ran into this issue as well on Windows 7.  File my return last month no problem, and now working on another family members.  Software updated last night, and crashes at the same screen as everyone else - Do you have another W2 to enter.

Right-clicking the shortcut for TurboTax 2019 and selecting "Troubleshoot Compatibility" was the fix as well.  Follow the steps.  In my case I select that none of the issues applied, and then chose Windows XP SP2 to match the screenshot provided by wutexit.

After that, no problem.  Good luck everybody.

Tks robrandon and rutext I’ll give that a try tomorrow don’t have time today to get to it, but is this freakin ridiculous that we all have to try to find a fix for this ourselves, you would think they could have found a patch or something it’s obvious that this is happening to too many people not like it’s a few people because it’s crashing exactly at that extra w2 part. Let’s see how brilliant those developers are to narrow it down and find the root cause.

Update: it worked so spread the word every one with 7 needs to run in it in XP mode!!!! Tks again guys now I won’t have to have a meeting with my attorney to start the class action, but boy, next year I probably won’t be buying TT since no one received any help from them. And they can stop playing games, they have people reading these forums everyday but none of them spoke up to try to help us including me sending them error reports directly.

Has anybody also developed the endless Error 190 download state forms loop at the same time as the Win 7 crashes started last week?

Have read all the articles, uninstall/reinstall forcibly, no luck.

bluepost22

Hope this helps.

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN)

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

See error 190

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

And here is a link about state looping 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

@VolvoGirl  I think the 2nd link you just posted which offers a download called TTCleanStates.exe seemed to solve the problem.  Thank you very much.

I looked at all the error 190 articles but did not find that link.  Should I post a new thread and then have you post your answer so others can find?  This post is sort of off-topic and may be hard to find in the future.  Let me know and I can work on this tomorrow.

Thanks again,

bluepost22

be9

I am having the same issue. 

JediLodge

I have been using TurboTax on my Windows 7 fine until today. Absolutely no issues earlier. It installed an update today and now it crashes as I update various information:

Donations - on screen entering amount

Review Rental Property Income - previously entered, reviewed many times before. Now just choosing to work on it causes and immediate exit.

I was able to enter a couple of items in other areas:

Personal Deductions: Property Taxes

Personal deductions: Auto Registration Fees

I am finding that I can not work on anything else at the moment.

This is unacceptable for the expensive Home and Business 2019 Package to be rendered broken like this. 

PUA payments in some cases are dependent upon us filing taxes within 21 days (no - the July 15 deadline does not apply for PUA determination).  

Turbotax is not only impacting my Tax refund but PUA payments in the middle of a pandemic economic crisis. Proper quality engineering controls and testing SHOULD prevent this from ever impacting users in such a catastrophic manner. If you have a lot of users reporting this as an issue, you pull the updates to prevent further damage to customers.

I even tried starting the tax return over - but it keeps on crashing.

If this doesn't get fixed quickly, I plan to report this as a PUA payment problem at the next Virtual TownHall with our Senate and House of Representatives members. If it is affecting your PUA, I would highly advise you do the same. Our have specifically asked for this information as they are trying to ensure the constituents get timely PUA payments in full. 

auro

I am in the same situation.  Turbotax crashes  when I click to update Business Income and Expenses. 

This situation is very concerning.  I would work with Intuit on finding a solution if contacted.  Intuit needs to let us know that they hear that this is an issue, they understand the problems this is causing, and tell us when they will have a solution.

I run on Windows 7 because I have programs that don't run on Win 10.  

JediLodge

I am a Data Analyst with many years of system development experience. I am used to testing systems, identifying bugs, and finding ways to recreate the issues for analysis. In the past years, TurboTax has been very responsive if I called in with an issue. Unfortunately now saying "Windows 7" seems to have an automatic response of "No Support". It will scare away some callers. Problem is they sold it as a product that can run on Windows 7 - they legally can not drop support abruptly. They can phase it out, but it has to me announced in advanced and their are strict legal guidelines that must be adhered to. Saying we are no longer supported just because they broke the application is not within the guidelines of the law.

I have offered to work with them as I have done in the past. I am happy to screenshare again and let them run local debugging tools. That helps everybody. Blindly turning customers away helps no one.

JediLodge

In case anyone cares, here is the crash details trying to work on existing Real Estate entry.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TurboTax.exe
Application Version: 2019.41.30.244
Application Timestamp: 5eba5031
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.8.4069.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5dc61560
Exception Code: 80131506
Exception Offset: 003196d6
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a0f4
Additional Information 2: a0f4dc82a0b7844ae73b4189298bce4d
Additional Information 3: d0a6
Additional Information 4: d0a6e268560759ba03f4c0f4d8f2479a

I am finding a pattern to the crashes. As the application tries to open up the forms for a new area, it exits. Based upon past experience, there could be a few causes:

- updated version  not able to read new form versions 

- updated code can not read old forms

I have now reproduced the issue reliably 100% with specific forms while other forms work fine 100%. That implies there is not a general application failure or an incompatibility with the system. I should also note that I accessed those same forms (both crashing and working) several times the past few days without incident until the software update installed today. 

JediLodge

So below is the crash dump details for entry of Donations. Notice this looks to be the same module crashing and the same exception. 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TurboTax.exe
Application Version: 2019.41.30.244
Application Timestamp: 5eba5031
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.8.4069.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5dc61560
Exception Code: 80131506
Exception Offset: 003196d6
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a0f4
Additional Information 2: a0f4dc82a0b7844ae73b4189298bce4d
Additional Information 3: d0a6
Additional Information 4: d0a6e268560759ba03f4c0f4d8f2479a

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies