Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JG08
Level 2

TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

I had the same problem and after using activation code again, all of my information was gone. I had installed using the disc and all was well until my 3 hours worth of work was gone. Contacted Turbotax and they could not help, I was told I didn't save my info, really?, you cannot close the program without saving... Since then I returned the program and bought H&R Block, no issues with them. I had been using Turbo tax for years but there is no real customer support and I was told they would call back, guess what, I am still waiting...

Are you on Windows?  Did you search your computer?  The tax files (and PDF files) should be in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax subfolder.  If you can't find them do a search for all files ending in .tax or .tax2019, etc.  And check the Recycle Bin.  For Windows 10 check the One Drive.  Did you make any backups?  Like DropBox.

If you don't have the main .tax file you might have one that starts with a Tilde sign ~ like  "~your name.tax2019".  That file is if your computer crashes or your real file gets lost or deleted or corrupt so you can restore it.

Find your Tax file in Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows/00/...

redfan123
Returning Member

I'm also running into this issue after purchasing from Target, and getting an email activation code from Synnex.

tdfroemm

I have different issue.  Have tried to reinstall several times, and I never get prompted for the activation key.  Install and updates complete all the way through but TT2019 won't open, because it never prompted me for a registration key.  This is getting pretty frustrating.  Contacting support and waiting for a call back...expectations are pretty low at this point.

JG08
Level 2

sorry for your trouble, I returned Turbo Tax and went with H&R Block, turbo tax never did call back.

hsiegl2010
Returning Member

Same trouble here. One computer needed a second license during an update. 2 licenses used. Second computer OK. Third computer crashed and got message " all 5 licenses used up" .

Waiting forever for return phone call.

Wish me luck.

hsiegl2010
Returning Member

Same here. All 5 used up. Installed on 2. And tried install on 3rd and got message all 5 used up.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

hsiegl2010
Returning Member

On the phone for 1 hour and then transferred to music and then told to call back the next day.

They want me to pay for another TTax Premiere because I used up all 5 licenses on 2 computers.

The 5 licenses were used up because of the faulty 2019 TTax Premiere software.

They will not admit it.

hsiegl2010
Returning Member

5 to 9 opening not so, the people I needed to talk to went home at 5 PM.

Try again Sunday morning when the call volume is traditionally low. 

redfan234

Received a new code from Intuit.  Very helpful and kind agent.  They had to do a screen share to confirm the license code issue.  It came in the form of a new purchase email including a code directly from Turbotax, with a cost of $0.  Whole process took about an hour, which is a lot.  However, agent was very careful not to make any mistakes, double-checking many things, so an hour well-spent, all things considered.  No activation issues yet and I've opened it a handful of times.

Here are the possibilities I can think of which are different from last time's purchase through Target.

1.  There are issues with the Target/Synnex 3rd-party sales software.  eg. license code mismanagement / distribution issues.

2.  I haven't had activations on other computers or shared with other users yet.  At this point, I'm scared to share this code or install on other computers.  (note: agent specifically said it was ok to install on other computers.)

3.  As recommended, I disabled every firewall and DNS protection I could think of, including at the router level.

My bet's on #2 - that the activation software is glitchy.

I agree with you. Turbo Tax is useless with this activation problem because you can't use it. Think about this. This was one person's idea to implement this and it's causing a world of headaches and probably losing customers.

amworf

I have the TurboTax deluxe program which we purchased at Sam's Club. I also had to re-register my TT program--2 times so far. hat is to say, I did the initial registration then had to register 2x's when next I opened the program. Can't they fix the re-registration issue in an update? 

The other issue is that the program wants to update every time I open it, which doesn't make sense to me. Do they really do updates every day?! Or even several times per day?? Seems strange to me.

Will this help?  Turbo Tax asks for the License Code each time you start

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies