turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2019 activation lasted one day

In TurboTax 2021 they still have the same activation bug that Intuit Turbo Tax had for the last three years, they never fixed it and it is becoming the most annoying bug of Turbo Tax.

Basically, any change in the configuration of the computer, like adding an internal drive or even external drive or some other feature causes this problem.

It is clearly a fraud on part of Intuit and Turbo Tax and Intuit, after 3 years are still refusing to acknowledge the problem and fix it once and for all. The activation should be tied to the S/N of the computer not the configuration or the number of attempts to activate.

Every year I end up exhausting the 5 allowed activation attempts and have to request a new code from Turbo Tax technical support.

The disclosure on Turbo tax states that the code should be valid for 5 computers not for 5 activation attempts.

I have never seen any software license from any other software company having a problem like this.

Intuit is completely ignoring reality. All the suggested solutions on Turbo Tax forums and support are just complete garbage, and they fail to address the real cause of the problem.

It is clearly a software bug in the activation process and Intuit needs to fix it and stop defrauding the customers with this unresolved issue.

You won't believe it.  I filed 2019 tax return with turbo tax.  At that time, Turbotax 2019 program gave me some trouble as it asked me to activate a few times then.  Finally, I used up 5 activations on the same desktop computer while completing the 2019 tax return.   The 5th activation worked for a while.

Recently, I tried to look up something from 2019 tax return. Guess what?  Turbotax 2019 program asks me to activate again.  It is the same desktop computer.   I used up the 5 activations.

So, I can only look up something from the pdf file I generated for that tax return. 

Then  realized what happened.  Windows 10 update causes Turbotax 2019 to assume it is a different computer and lose the activation.  

But you can't stop any Windows 10 update just to make Turbotax works for you.

Critter 3 wrote:

Level 15
‎July 23, 2021 7:44 AM

Also ... as already mentioned in this thread  ... the configuration of your system must be the same ... some have said that having something plugged into the computer makes a difference.  So if you had  something plugged into one of the thumb drive ports when you initially installed the program or if you didn't then remove it. 

Hi, 

All the suggested actions to eliminate the problem are completely useless.

Changing the computer configuration should not be a reason to trigger this activation issue.

This bug is still there with 2021 version of Turbo tax.  They need to fix the Activation process keeping track of the Serial Number of the computers not the configuration changes or the number of activation attempts.

If I add an internal drive or add any new feature on my PC should be completely irrelevant to the activation process. I had a problem again with 2021 TT even just by changing the Sata configuration from Intel Raid RST to AHCI which just uses a different driver without changing any of the disks in the machine.

This is simply a fraudulent behavior, trying to get the users to acquire a new activation key.

Never seen any software product from any company using such a defective activation process for licensing.

All licensing including MS windows are tied to the Serial Number of the machine and work with any configuration.  

Looks like banana republic programmers coming up with this ridiculous faulty Turbo Tax activation process.

How can we trust Turbo Tax if they cannot even get the activation process fixed after 3 years of user's complaints? 🤐🤐

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies