turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

Also as a side note, Im being told I get the tax credit. Im answering the questions honestly and just putting in my 2 daughters' info, daycare provider info, and it keeps saying on one section "congratulations yadayada", the other section I revisit says "turns out you dont qualify for this credit". Yet my numbers dont change. I dont know whats going on.
anon-js

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

@Opus 17 ... any suggestions?
h_l60

Some frustrating boat...got rejected again today.  Does anyone know how long it takes them to process your returns if you mail it?  I have income verification coming up in a month too.
anon-js

Anyone have any success today? Did anyone's TT update and get it working?

Been having the same problem.  We have used Turbotax for years and never had this issue.  Anyone have any luck today?  Ours is no longer saying it will be resolved 3/17. Now it says that there is no estimated date for resolution.  Anyone had a fix for it?  
kristyao

3/18 update: I tried re-filing around 7:00 pm and within the hour got an email notifying me that my return was still being rejected.  This time the response I got was:

"If filing status of the return is Married Filing Separately and Form 2441 'CreditForChildAndDepdCareAmt' has a non-zero value, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd' must be checked.

What needs to be done:
Due to a processing error on Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, this return cannot be electronically filed. There is a value on form 2441, line 25, which is incorrectly causing this reject. The value is correct and should not be modified or deleted. At this time, there is no estimated resolution date for this problem. Your options are as follows: 1) You may print this return and file by mail. or 2) You may wait a few days, and resubmit the return for electronic filing. If the reject continues, you will need print and file this return by mail."

It seems like there is at least an acknowledgment that there's a glitch but all of us IDR people are really screwed!

@kristyao you should be able to fill out this form and attach the PDF of your return from Turbo Tax even though your return is being rejected. The PDF of your return is factually correct. I believe there's a portal where you can upload PDFs rather than faxing/mailing the form.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/downloadForm.action?searchType=library&shortName=idrlink&local...>
fadkins11

Just got a rejection from IRS on this as well as my wife did MFS with box 10 dependent care FSA.  $3K was the pre-tax contributions and TT said it was adding back $500 to her income (to get to the $2500 limit).  Efiled about an hour ago.

The guidance to delete form 2241 is not always correct and that MARRIED FILING SEPERATE disqualifies your from a cred it is also not absolutely correct.
Deleting 2241 SIGNIFICANTLY lowers my return so I am not really apt to do that. I suppose I'll wait a few more days and see. We still have some time

I’m having the exact same problem and wondering what I should do. I spoke to customer service and they admitt that there is a problem with the system, but could not give any answers of when it will be fixed. She just said i would try again in 2 days and if it still don’t work I would mail them.
anon-js

It is a problem across the board.  IRS needs to do their update, but they haven't yet (or at least there is no documentation about it).  I'm going to mail them next week. I read it takes 6 to 8 weeks to receive your refund AFTER the IRS receives it.

Mine was just rejected again!  This is ridiculous!  Customer service wasn't helpful when I spoke with them on the 17th.  No answers.  Said try again, etc.  

I submitted mine an hour ago and it was accepted

Did you check the box?

I didn't check any box. I just resubmitted it as is.
I had received this error message initially:

Due to a processing error on Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, this return cannot be electronically filed. There is a value on form 2441, line 25, which is incorrectly causing this reject. The value is correct and should not be modified or deleted. At this time, there is no estimated resolution date for this problem. Your options are as follows: 1) You may print this return and file by mail. or 2) You may wait a few days, and resubmit the return for electronic filing. If the reject continues, you will need print and file this return by mail."

So based on that info, I didn't change anything.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies