Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I’m not receiving my email for my 6 digit code

I’m not receiving my email for my verification code Can you please send me another email 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax help article. What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

@Shelson33

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why can't I get my email

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you checked your spam folder?

@Marvinjrholmes 

cuggithomas58
Returning Member

How do I get that

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having trouble obtaining your verification code, please see our Help Article for further assistance. 

@cuggithomas58 

Please text my 6 digit code

Please text me my 6 digit code 

Please allow a little bit of time for the code to get to your email. It is not instant and can take a few minutes or more to arrive. Also, check your spam folder as well just in case! 

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window.
  2. Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. 
  3. You can also try a different method to receive your code. Instead of using your email if you can try receiving it thru text message instead.

To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
1.) Log in to your account and click on Intuit Account in the lower left
2.) Click on Security  
3.) Select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password. 
To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.

4.) If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.  

I need 6 digit verification code texted to my ohone

@claridy67  wrote:

I need 6 digit verification code texted to my ohone

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a verification code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/security-risk/trouble-filing-verificatio...

Help. Need code to file and sign 

@Lindag55  wrote:

Help. Need code to file and sign 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a verification code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/security-risk/trouble-filing-verificatio...

I’m online and it says we need to confirm your email I’ll send you a six digit code and I’m not receiving it. Can you text it to me

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The next best option is to have the verification code texted to your mobile phone.

To receive your confirmation code via mobile:

1. When prompted, select whether you want to receive the code via text message. Then, select Continue.
  2. Don't close your TurboTax window while you’re waiting for your code. It may take a few minutes to receive your code.
  3. If you choose the text option, enter your received confirmation code in the field labeled Enter 6-digit code. Don't enter your confirmation code in the password field.
  4. Email confirmation no longer requires a code. Simply select the Verify button in the email, and you'll be automatically re-routed to the TurboTax page and verified.
  5. Select Continue to sign into your account and continue completing your return.

Please click How do I get a verification code to learn more. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies