Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

vicbirch

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How can I talk to live person at TurboTax?

There is no "Help and Support link".  There is no way to find a phone number

jankos21

regarding out stimulus money

@jankos21  What is your question?  Did you get any Stimulus payment during the year?   Did you get IRS letter 6475 saying how much they sent you?  If you qualify for anymore it will be on 1040 line 30.

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,

Click on Other Tax Situations at top

Click on Let's get started

Answer some questions then Continue

Then click on Let's keep going

Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

bbl2461
Returning Member

I thought I was paying for a plan so I could talk to a real person .

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ for assistance.

What is TurboTax Live?

@bbl2461 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Corsi2022

It's been past 21 days and I haven't received my taxes

@Corsi2022 wrote:

It's been past 21 days and I haven't received my taxes

The 21 days is only an IRS target, it is not a guarantee

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

gmnsi1981

I have already purchased the business tax program. We did electronic w-2, and 1099. now I need to speak to someone about depreciating a vehicle so I can finish my taxes. I am having a hard time getting to the program My order license code is: [PII Removed]

mY PHONE NUMBER IS [phone number removed]

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax offers live that help to assist you with filing your taxes. You can access this service by clicking here. You can also reach out to Customer Support. Just follow the link provided. Customer Support

If you wouldn't like to utilize the TurboTax Live service at this time, please provide us more details on what you are needing to do so that we could better assist you. Thanks. 

I enter 1099 misc incorrect then renter it name did not did not show corrected and show on tax return for double amount

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can talk to a Live Tax Expert by clicking on "Live Tax Advice," in the upper right side of your TurboTax webpage.  Perhaps, we can save you a call by suggesting the following.  If you have a double entry for your 1099-Misc income, when you go back to edit that entry, delete the entry that you have already entered, and then re-enter the corrected 1099-Misc.  In other words, start over from the beginning.  

You might have already deleted some of the original 1099-Misc information; however, if the income amount has not been deleted, then when your re-enter the corrected 1099-Misc, you will likely double the amount of 1099-Misc income.  

@chickenpigs

deecurty

we submitted federal and state and was rejected because we up in the wrong AGI--we didn't print the 2020 report and have no way of getting the agi--help

Try entering 0 for the AGI.  You need your 2020 AGI to efile 2021. The AGI is on 2020 1040 line 11. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

If you didn't file 2020 or filed it later in the year or mailed it, then try entering 0 for the AGI. If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.

Or request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

In preparing my  Fed, & State return I find an error in transferring 1099  to T,T, software.  I have int. & Div. from Muni bonds from different taxable states, Your software treats this as taxable to each state that has state taxes, I'm stupid . Not Knowing the difference and I agreed to pay $120 via  Citi C.C . They charged my C.C immediately. My broker said the Int & Div. listed is not earned income so NO state taxes are due. Since I couldn't  find how to delete State  taxes I uninstalled Turbo Tax and sent all my documents to my C.P.A. I lust was T.T. to refund my $120.00 as I never processed state taxes, and / or T.T  return. I deleted all.  F. Indihar

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies