Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wyx1211

Stuck at "Review Your Federal Filing Choices" in TurboTax Premier 2018

I'm using TurboTax Premier 2018 and almost reach the final stage of e-filing the tax return. However I'm stuck at the screen of "Review Your Federal Filing Choices". The software doesn't respond when I click the 'Continue' button. There is no error message or anything showed up.

I'm feeling frustrated because I have spent tons of time to fill out all of the forms and I don't want to find a CPA at this stage. Does anyone have the same problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
libuh

I am having the same problem. What did you do to fix it?

Bees
Level 7

So sorry this got missed. It is usually a browser problem that can be fixed by closing out the program and   restarting the program. If it still does not work you can try using a different browser.

Is there a section in there that asks you how you choose to pay. You have to make that choice to continue(I have a different version) It will ask for credit card info and won't move forward if any field is left empty or incorrect.

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
mbrod

I am having the exact same problem with my downloaded TurboTax software (not the online version).  Any fix recommendation?  This isn't being filed in a browser so the browser fix wouldn't work.  

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Here are more resources for TurboTax CD/Download. Be sure to check for updates, which is in the main menu ribbon under Online for the Home & Business version:

@mbrod

RWMP
Level 1

Same issue but with downloaded Turbotax  Deluxe 2021. 

Review Your Federal Filing Choices. 

No error message.  Simply sticks when I select the "Continue" button.

RWMP
Level 1

Resolved the issue by removing the beneficiary's name for my refund Ibond.  No help from Turbotax.  Had to find this through trial and error.  It would be nice if to get some sort of error message indicating why the program loops.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Glad to know it got resolved...your feedback will be noted @RWMP.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm having the same issue with the downloaded version of TT 2021. It's asking me to double-check my bank's routing number (which is correct according to the bank's website) to pay my taxes. If I click "Edit" to review the info it brings me back to the same screen and doesn't let me progress after clicking "Continue". Has anyone found a fix?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please make sure your TurboTax software is updated to the most recent version. The below TurboTax help article will assist with this. 

How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software program? 

If you continue to have issues please reach out to a TurboTax representative for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@gguerrero61

mj2112

have you guys figured out a resolution to this problem? 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are still having issues after following the advice above, please click here to contact us by phone to better assist you. @mj2112

dkwong

I had same problem.  I was able to get thru it by using an alternative routing number for my BofA account.  Try rebooting computer and re-entering account and routing number information.  I was also stuck on state bank account info - tried re-entering number and it seemed to work.  Sort of random.  You'd think QA should catch these issues.  Good Luck

@RWMP That worked for me, too. Thanks!

hasiri

I experienced exactly the same issue. Tried it for two days. Saw a recommendation in this thread and tried updating my Bank of America routing number.  Instead of using the paper routing number (which is what's on the check), I used what B of A calls "electronic routing number", and that solved the problem. Once I updated the routing number, it let me continue and I just finished filing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies