Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

state install/e-file update loop: not fixed

This happens from time to time.  Try clearing your browser's cache and deleting your cookies, then try again.

See the TurboTax Help articles How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? for guidance.

If that doesn't help, see the TurboTax Help article State install/e-file update loop: State not installed after installation or TurboTax needs to update... for guidance. 

@LobsterMan77 

My bad, I was not clear, this is TurboTax Business DESKTOP, not online.

After spending some of my time researching this issue, I think the issue is that, although Intuit was/is happy to take my $50 for the state product it is not actually available just yet so the issue (flaw/bug/very irritating non-user-friendly aspect) is that the program does not not handle this situation smoothly and continues to ask me to purchase it, then asks me to down it, then, wash/rinse/repeat, does that all over again. Then, you get a whole bunch of us (paying) users all frustrated.

JohnW152:

Per the sr. customer service and developers, the Turbotax Business State "loop" issue is caused by the update for the State Taxes (forms) not ready. 

As of tonight, the 2/23/2024 update was released.  Big issue!!!  The "LOOP" for Pennsylvania is not working.  This is EXTREMELY PROBLEMATIC!!!  Many others are dealing with the same issue.. The state download is paid for, downloaded, but the State taxes will not start.  Thus... we can't file our State taxes by 03/15/2024.  I highly doubt Intuit will be paying the penalty for late filing because of a software issue. 

Note: I tried the "delete turbotax all versions, go into the registry of window, etc etc etc...  I am convinced it's a software issue within Turbotax business.

How can we escalate this issue to the development team as CRITICAL.  I wish this was a one-off.. but it's not. 

BTW!!!

The Turbotax delete program DOES NOT WORK ON 2023 versions... sigh....

Hello all:

It is about 1 minute to midnight here in PA on the 24th of Feb 2024 and when I launched my TurboTax Business software tonight I got an update dealing with my PA State module. And then when I tested my PA State module, I was able to START it OK.  So it appears the fix is out as of Saturday night on the 24th of Feb. At lease for the state of PA.  Hope everyone else in other states will get the "patch" too. I will start working on finishing my 2023 tax returns tomorrow night. Hopefully all will continue to work fine from this point.

Charles Kerchner

Emmaus PA

It is now 2/26/2024 and the website was updated again. The date for "Ready for print?" and "Ready to E-file?" was updated from 2/23/2024 to 3/1/2024. What is going on with Intuit? Are they going to push this all the way to 3/15/2024?

Anyone have an alternative for me to use next year? I'm committed to use Intuit this year but I'm just sick-n-tired of this. I run a small business and this is supposed to be "easy".

As of today, I have tried eveything and NM still will not load. I have done TTCLEAN States Tool, uninstalled turbo tax and even restarted in selective startup.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled TT multiple times.  Still doesn't work.  What is going on? March 15 is looming and I want to get this done.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It looks like not all the NM forms are available yet. Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So does that mean it won't even install? Why is there a "fix" without even mentioning to check the forms availability? This has never happened before that you can't at least input your information. Usually there is a pop up window that just say you can't file. Also, it is due March 15. Why are we a little more than 2 weeks out and can't file? Terrible handling and communication by TT. But my main question is, on March 1, when the forms are supposed to be ready, am I going to magically be able to have access to my NM state partnership return? Can you promise me that?

I'm NOT an Intuit employee so I'll give you the unvarnished answer...for 2023 DeskTop/Windows/Business.

When you get to the start your State window, the program prompts you to pay. You pay. Download appears to complete successfully. You're all happy and ready to go!

However, if you try to "Start" your state it prompts you to purchase (another state) and/or (re)download the state you have already purchased. You're confused but click on the box to download your state again. Download appears to complete successfully. You're all happy and ready to go!

However, if you try to "Start" your state it prompts you... AND THAT IS THE FRUSTRATING INFINITE LOOP.

The MOST frustrating aspect is you are not sure what is going on and then spend your valuable time looking through the community only to find out that the forms aren't ready yet. And there you go, the unvarnished answer.

Good luck my friend. Others feel your pain too.

Exactly! Not only additional time trying to find the answer myself but also 45 minutes on the phone with customer service who couldn't help and sent me a link to an article about how to download a cd without a cd player?!?!?

"...sent me a link to an article about how to download a cd without a cd player?" That's precious. Maybe they were looking for a floppy disk to send you 🙂

I called, twice, and twice was put on a brief hold, then the line disconnected. Maybe I'm just unlucky or it was simply coincidence that I was "disconnected".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies