turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yanurse1

I need to contact a live cpa

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please read the TurboTax FAQ, listed below, on how to connect to a live agent to help with your return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6382274

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

17 Replies

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live">https...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rekrapg

cost to submit completed, final turbotax 2018 return to CPA for review is ???

@rekrapg You have added on to someone else's thread, so we cannot tell what software you are using.  TT Live is available if you are using online software--but not if you used desktop software
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/onlin...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please read the TurboTax FAQ, listed below, on how to connect to a live agent to help with your return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6382274

chuckid06

Im dissabled. as sone as i put my income in i owe. if i change from married and joint, to married a seprate i dont owe. my wife worked , and i am dissabled on ssdi . i dont understand why my ssdi changed to the program when i in put my ssdi-ssa-1099. when i run married seprated, it changed largely. she filed years ago for secptration should i us this, insead of married and joint? chuck

chuckid06

and

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

You may qualify to file as an unmarried person (Single) if you are:

"Legally separated from your spouse under a divorce or separate maintenance decree. State law governs whether you are married or legally separated under a divorce or separate maintenance decree."

See IRS publication 17, page 21.

I think that you are saying that your social security is taxable if you file married filing separately?

I have resigned from an LLC that I established in 2004 with 2 friends and my wife.  Very small, shoestring business, but one that is still functioning.  

I contributed $8,000 as a no interest loan to get the business started in 04.  We have been filing K-1's every year since.  For the most part our K-1's have shown small losses (I retained 10% of the company and my wife has 4%.  Last year my profit shown on K-1 was the largest ever $686.

While we paid taxes on our share of profits and filed losses over the years, all funds have remained with the company.

I resigned from the Company on Jan 1,2019.  The most the Company could repay me on the original loan of $8,000  was $4,000.  I accept that amount as final payment and transferred my 10% to the other 2 partners.   My wife retains her 4%.

I took a $4,000 loss from this LLC.  How can I enter that as a business loss on my 2019 taxes?  Neither the original loan nor my loss has ever been recorded on my K-1's by the firm that does the taxes for this business.

RobertG
Expert Alumni

You can report it as a sale of business property as the sale of a partnership interest.

To report it in TurboTax:

1. Type sale of business property into the search box
  2. Select Jump to sale of business property 
  3. Select Sales of business or rental property you haven't already reported

The following screens screens will walk you through the sale.

@Big Dave

How do I file my 2018 taxes??

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

You can start with the link below to get the software. 

Prior year TurboTax programs

vincet
Returning Member

My wife income is non taxable income from In home support services. Please have someone assist us in getting this resolved the our 2018 income tax shows this under the additional income portion as reversed. Please contact us at [phone number removed]. Thanks

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You will need to amend your 2018 return.  See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending.

Were you told that your payments would not be taxable income under IRS Notice 2014-7?

It sounds like you would qualify for the exclusion of the W-2 box 1 amount from your taxable income.

IRS Notice 2014-7 can be found at this link.  Click on the hyperlink Notice 2014-7 in the center of the page.

Certain Medicaid Waiver Payments for In-Home support services are excludable from gross income and should not be included in your earned income.  This is the case even if you have received a W-2 for performing these services.

If you have received a W-2, this help explains how to enter the income and then remove it from your taxable income.

Be sure to retain all your documentation.  The IRS is likely to ask questions about this income at some later time.

tanyatriplett1960
Returning Member

i got NOTHING...!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies