Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

@Bayfront33 wrote:

Hello there, I am choosing only Federal because I don't have state tax to report but the problem still persists the I check if there is any error to fix before submitting it but they system show not error being found and it is ready to be file and when I'm submitting it the system try to submit it but at the end the system just keep spinning and then close the window without any error message. 

Have you rebooted (restarted) your computer since your latest program upgrade?

Also, while it is not obvious, the TurboTax efile method borrows some of your browser files in the background to make the connection and submit the file   I'd empty the browser Internet cache even though it doesn't sound logical for desktop software.

If you're using a VPN, you might try outside of the VPN, as long as you have a secure Internet connection.

Or if you are using a wireless connection, are you easily and securely able to try a wired Ethernet connection?

If it continues, please phone TurboTax Support for realtime assistance so they can troubleshoot with you.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

@ Bayfront33 

ADDENDUM

Here's something else you can try:

Are you running TurboTax as an administrator?  I can tell you how to be sure.  I don't know what operating system you are using.  I asked a couple of times, but you never mentioned.   So what I'm saying below is for Windows.

First, close your TurboTax program if it's open.  To run TurboTax as an administrator, right click the TurboTax desktop icon and in the popup menu choose "Run as Administrator."    If you don't see that option in the popup menu, then in that popup click Properties, then the Compatibility tab, then check "Run this program as an administrator."

NOTE:  If you are using a Mac instead, I can ask one of the forum helpers that uses Mac to see if they have a suggestion for you.

ash0409

I am having the same issue and already paid so I cannot delete the state. I have talked to TT reps 3x and keep getting the same answer to wait. May I ask how yours was resolved?

KJ75

Just spoke to someone that knew exactly what is going on.  IRS changed a lot in the tax code and are not accepting E-file returns until January 23rd, 2023.  See link below. 

When will the IRS start accepting e-filed returns? 

1051317 is my token number 

wabbit123

I had the same problem.  I unclicked File State Return and just transmitted the Federal return.  It went right through.

I went online to my state DOR and there was a message stating that they are not accepting returns until 2/3/2022.  

I went back and clicked E-File state return and tried to transmit again and I got the same message that it could not be transmitted.  I will return to transmit it on 2/3/2022.   Try removing your state return and see if your Federal will go through.

Turbo Tax is still showing that I already paid for the State return, so I don't think there will be a problem later.

My federal taxes hsc been filed and deposited into my bank.  How do I do my state now?

@sboston20 wrote:

My federal taxes hsc been filed and deposited into my bank.  How do I do my state now?

Are you asking how to prepare a state return that you haven't yet started, or are you asking how to open the return interview to go back in and efile a state return you already started and need to finish and efile?   What product are you using--Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download)?

And what state is it?   Were you waiting for some of your state forms to be finalized and available for efiling?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies