turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

Note this new support FAQ for North Carolina tax return transmission errors - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/why-am-i-receiving-an-error-message-when-i-try-to-...

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

I had to go through www.e-file.com for my taxes to finally be able to be e-filed. I found it on the IRS website. I tried multiple times to file and it would never go through. I deleted my return and started completely over, nothing worked. I paid only $3 more with the other website then what I would have with the deluxe version.  

sweet46

My token number is 924616

@sweet46 wrote:

My token number is 924616

This is a user community forum, so we can't use your token here.   I'll assume your issue is the same as the thread title.

Do you have a state return, and does it happen to be North Carolina by any chance?

If so, some NC forms (including the main Form D-400) are not yet finalized and available for efiling.   Projected availability date is 2/24/2022, according to the availability tables:

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

If that's your situation, and if you wish, you can efile the Federal return now (if all your Fed forms are available) and efile the state return later.  To do that, you would need to temporarily change the filing method for the state return and tell TurboTax that you intend to "mail" the state return.  Then when the state forms are available you can switch the method back to efile.

If you need to check on Federal forms:

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

I have tried all of the suggestions I could find on this or any other forum and still cannot get my files to transmit. Can someone please help me?

@ estonerook wrote:

I have tried all of the suggestions I could find on this or any other forum and still cannot get my files to transmit. Can someone please help me?

You haven't described your situation any, so we have to start guessing.   Do you have a state return?  If so, what state?   If it's North Carolina, then the state forms will not be ready for efiling until the projected date of 2/24/2022.

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

If that's your situation, and if you wish, you can efile the Federal return now (if all your Fed forms are available) and efile the state return later.  To do that, you would need to temporarily change the filing method for the state return and tell TurboTax that you intend to "mail" the state return.  Then when the state forms are available you can switch the method back to efile.

If you need to check on Federal forms:

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

nguyenat8

I'm located in Virginia, and I can't submit, and it keeps changing the message. Sometimes it's the message listed in this thread, or it's a server problem. I've checked the table, and I'm good to go. My taxes aren't that complicated, and they process smoothly every other year. I keep having senior citizens from customer service tell me to turn off my computer and turn it back on. They also told me I would need to turn on incognito to solve this issue? One rep told me I couldn't pay with my return, so I used my credit card. My card has been charged, and I'm still having the same issue. I've already tried multiple computers phones, with and without wifi, hardwire, and I also have the fastest internet available to me. I've tried all the steps that were previously listed. You would think with all the money TT spends on lobbying; they would put some money into their servers for the one time of the year when people need to use it. 

Hipno

Can you help us understand how he was able to fix it for you? 

Hipno

I've been having similar problems. I have been trying to e-file for 3 weeks and I keep getting the same result. Your transmission did not go through. We could not e-file for the following reasons: a server problem occurred while processing your e-file. I have talked to 4 people in customer service. Tried filing on a Mac, iPhone, and Windows. Tried on google chrome, Safari, modzila, and explorer. Tried cookie clean and restarting the computer hardline and wifi. They gave me a desktop version but I would have to redo all my taxes one transaction at a time and with over hundreds of trades im putting way to much time into this. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do. I reviewed state and Federal and they are good to go im really irritated 

@Hipno wrote:

I've been having similar problems. I have been trying to e-file for 3 weeks and I keep getting the same result. Your transmission did not go through. We could not e-file for the following reasons: a server problem occurred while processing your e-file. I have talked to 4 people in customer service. Tried filing on a Mac, iPhone, and Windows. Tried on google chrome, Safari, modzila, and explorer. Tried cookie clean and restarting the computer hardline and wifi. They gave me a desktop version but I would have to redo all my taxes one transaction at a time and with over hundreds of trades im putting way to much time into this. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do. I reviewed state and Federal and they are good to go im really irritated 

Do you have a VPN by any chance?  I know a VPN can cause some problems occasionally, but I don't know if it would cause this particular one.  If you are using a VPN, can you try efiling without the VPN?   I don't know if it will make a difference, but it's something to try.

Let me clear something up that you mentioned above.   If you move from Online TurboTax to the desktop version, you do NOT have to start over.   You can download your current *.tax2021 data file from your Online account, and then open it in the 2021 desktop software to continue it.   I'll tell you how below.

NOTE:  Do you also have a state return?   If so, be aware that with the desktop software there is a $25 state efile fee for a state return.  There is no state efile fee for New York state, and no fee to print and mail a state return.

If the VPN suggestion didn't help, and if you want to try moving to desktop software, here's how. 

• Sign in to your Online account and choose to open/continue your return.
  • Once the return is open, go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS and then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools Center pop-up, select "Save your 2021 return to your computer."
  • The file will download with the name taxReturn.tax2021.
  • If you wish, you can rename the downloaded file to something more recognizable, for example My2021TaxReturn.tax2021 (just make sure you don't change the filename extension to the right of the dot).
  • Once you have that *.tax2021 data file, it can be opened in the 2021 TurboTax desktop software.  

NOTE:  If you've already been preparing a state return online, then that data file will have the state return in it, too.    If so, you'll need to download the state program into your desktop software before opening the file so that TurboTax will know how to handle the state data in the file, or it will give you an error notice.    To do that,  you may have to start a temporary dummy desktop return just long enough to download the state program.   You can later delete that temporary dummy return.

Bayfront33
Returning Member

I can't file my taxes, when I'm the prosses of transmitting the file, the system just spins around and at the end it just closes out the window and it does not provide me with any error message at all. I have to log back in and go through the whole process again and at the end it just keeps doing the same thing, it closes out the window and it does not provide me with any type of message error at all. I don't know what it could cause this problem... please help...

@ Bayfront33  wrote:

I can't file my taxes, when I'm the prosses of transmitting the file, the system just spins around and at the end it just closes out the window and it does not provide me with any error message at all. I have to log back in and go through the whole process again and at the end it just keeps doing the same thing, it closes out the window and it does not provide me with any type of message error at all. I don't know what it could cause this problem... please help...

So that's happening when you click the "Transmit Returns Now" button?

What product are you using--Online TurboTax in a browser or desktop software (CD/download)?  If desktop software, is it for Windows or Mac?

Or are you using the Mobile App on a phone?

Since you said "log in", I'm suspecting you're using either Online TurboTax or the Mobile App.

Are you trying to efile Federal and state returns at the same time?  And if there's a state return, what state is it?

You may get some suggestions in this user forum.  If not, we can tell you how to phone TurboTax Support so they can question you and troubleshoot.

Bayfront33
Returning Member

Hello Mesquitebean, thank you for replying back to my message. The system that I'm using is TurboTax Desktop Premier download software and I just update the latest software version. 

@Bayfront33 wrote:

Hello Mesquitebean, thank you for replying back to my message. The system that I'm using is TurboTax Desktop Premier download software and I just update the latest software version. 

You're welcome.   I had also asked what operating system (Windows vs Mac) and also asked the following question:

"Are you trying to efile both Federal and state returns at the same time? And if there's a state return, what state is it?"

Here's something I might try if it were me.  If you are trying to efile both Federal and state at the same time, you might try efiling the Federal return first by itself to see if it goes through.   If it works with Federal by itself, then that implies something is wrong with the state return.  Where it asks you what you want to efile, I'm not sure what the screen will look like.   Likely one of the following:  maybe a place to unselect the state return for efiling, or you may have to temporarily tell TurboTax you intend to "file it by mail."   You can later switch it back to efile.

NOTE:  If you efile the Federal return first by itself, you must wait until the Federal return has been accepted (sometimes up to 24-48 hours, but often much sooner) before it will let you try to efile the state return.

Bayfront33
Returning Member

Hello there, I am choosing only Federal because I don't have state tax to report but the problem still persists the I check if there is any error to fix before submitting it but they system show not error being found and it is ready to be file and when I'm submitting it the system try to submit it but at the end the system just keep spinning and then close the window without any error message. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies