Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jenncc
Returning Member

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

it hasn't shown me ANY info at all. it's been the same message since the first day after it was accepted. I just dont understand how they can't find any information on mine at all.. I'm almost 21 days after the acceptance date, and i havent had one update on the 'wheresmyrefund' site, not one... the status hasn't changed. all's it's said this whole time is that they can't find my information. i'm just really worried... i highly doubt it will be here by my 21 days. i dont have a good feeling.

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

I am into same situation. Federal return was accepted on 02/11/2021 as per Email from TurboTax but WMR page at IRS never found record. Call at IRS says the same. 
I have been checking from last 10 days everyday but it keeps saying “You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.”

@AmitVerma wrote:

I am into same situation. Federal return was accepted on 02/11/2021 as per Email from TurboTax but WMR page at IRS never found record. Call at IRS says the same. 
I have been checking from last 10 days everyday but it keeps saying “You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.”

The IRS website for federal tax refund has some issues this year. 

If your federal tax return was accepted by the IRS, on the IRS federal tax refund website you must enter Exactly the information as was entered on your 2020 federal tax return.  Your Social Security number, your Filing Status and the whole dollar amount of the federal tax refund as shown on your Form 1040 Line 34.

IRS federal tax refund status website - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

This was for the robo response above... 

It's these redundant, canned responses that make me not want to use your service anymore.  You act like we don't already know these things.  Like we don't possess the intelligence to fill in 3 fields of information accurately, or that we didn't check our info 30 times before seeking out answers and arriving in this post.  Smh 

@DoninGA 

I had entered all details exactly correct from referring to my 1040 form and I am 100% sure nothing was wrong with the details that I entered on the WMR page.

All of my information was entered correctly, I did take tax and accounting classes, but the IRS site doesn't recognize my information when I check the status. I filed Jan 26th, 2021 and have already received my state taxes.. So where's my federal? No one will answer the number you provided.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

There are a few reasons why you may be getting that message. Please see the TurboTax Help article below for more information.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Today completes 21 days after my federal return was accepted but WMR on IRS still can't find my information. I am totally clueless about where to look or what to do? I am getting the usual answers from Turbotax, nothing fruitful.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

When searching WMR, you need to enter your social security number, your filing status, and the EXACT amount of the e-filed return.   To verify the amount and filing status, view your tax return.   Also, sign in to TurboTax and confirm your return was accepted by the IRS.  

If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.

If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.

@AmitVerma

I'm not sure how many times you can say literally this exact thing when we are constantly telling you we are entering everything exactly correct. 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

It appears that the IRS is having difficulty updating their Where's My Refund tool.

According to the IRS website:  

Expect delays if you mailed a paper return or had to respond to an IRS inquiry about your e-filed return. You should only call if it has been:

• 21 days or more since you e-filed
  • "Where's My Refund" tells you to contact the IRS

If it's been more than 21 days since you e-filed, you can call the IRS Support Number: (800) 829-1040.  To reach a live agent at the IRS support number, follow these steps:

1.      Select your preferred language.

2.      Press 2 for “Personal Income Tax”

3.      Press 1 for “Form, Tax History, or Payment”

4.      Press 3 for “All Other Questions”

5.      Press 2 for “All Other Questions”

6.      Do not enter your SSN or EIN. It will ask you twice; do not enter anything.

7.      Press 2 for “Personal or Individual Tax Questions”

They are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

@Dscaggs21

I think they get points for posting a response, regardless of its content. It's the only reason I can guess that multiple "experts" would be posting the same responses seemingly without reading the original post in its entirety. 

I am sorry so many are having this issue but glad I am not the only one. I have kids to feed, and bills to pay. We need this refund. I filed feb17, accepted Feb 17 and still where's my refund website says "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again." We need answers we pay out of pocket for this and here we are stuck and turbo tax has no real answers. I never had these issues elsewhere. I may need to go back to H&R Block.

It has been 21 business days and still no information in the irs system online or by phone. Why tell us 21 days from when it is accepted if they may not even gwt to reviewing it for 3 weeks

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax has no control over how fast the IRS processes your return. 

Most taxpayers will receive their refund within 21 days after acceptance. 

You can track your refund by clicking here. Please note, if you had your fees deducted from your refund, it can cause a delay. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies