turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I add a 1095-C form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

There is no longer a question concerning having health insurance all year.  The health insurance entries on the federal return are:

1.  If you received a 1095A for Affordable Healthcare via the Marketplace

2.  If you paid premiums out-of-pocket and are itemizing deductions

3.  If you have an HSA

4.  if you had premiums deducted from your pay, then your W2 entries will cover this

Items 1-3 are in the "Deductions & Credits" tab and item 4 is in the "Income & Expenses" tab.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

22 Replies

You do not have to enter a 1095-C in TurboTax.  You will answer the question in the Health Insurance section that you had health insurance all year and keep a copy of the 1095-C with your tax records.  The insurance company will provide the IRS with the needed information.

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a Form 1095-C - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2920031-do-i-need-to-enter-my-1095-c

I got this, but turbo tax 2019 never asked me if I had insurance all year. Anyone know where I can find that box?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

There is no longer a question concerning having health insurance all year.  The health insurance entries on the federal return are:

1.  If you received a 1095A for Affordable Healthcare via the Marketplace

2.  If you paid premiums out-of-pocket and are itemizing deductions

3.  If you have an HSA

4.  if you had premiums deducted from your pay, then your W2 entries will cover this

Items 1-3 are in the "Deductions & Credits" tab and item 4 is in the "Income & Expenses" tab.

even if they deduct money from me (employee required contribution - if I paid $40 monthly) ? we don't need to enter this info anywhere?

even if they deduct money from me (employee required contribution - if I paid $40 monthly) ? we don't need to enter this info anywhere?

That is probably listed on your W2 in box 12.  That's the only place you enter it.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

1095-C is an informational form only.  Nothing is entered from this form.

Nessssax

It keeps asking me for information off of a 1099-HC form but I got a 1095-C? @CatinaT1 

jgcopter

I thought I did at first an went to an amended return section. When I did that it said I have an $800.00 refund. I have already received my original refund so where did the 800 come from and do I have to file anything additional to get it.

@jgcopter   You have added on to a year old post.  What is your situation? Why are you amending?

Did you get any unemployment?  There was a change for that. You can exclude up to 10,200 of unemployment. The IRS will recalculate your return for the new unemployment exemption if you already filed.

There is no need for taxpayers to file an amended return unless the calculations make the taxpayer newly eligible for additional federal credits and deductions not already included on the original tax return.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-to-recalculate-taxes-on-unemployment-benefits-refunds-to-start-in-m...

rjoiner5

it keeps asking for a 1095-a I have a 1095-c

@rjoiner5 wrote:

it keeps asking for a 1095-a I have a 1095-c

A form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.  Where asked if you received a Form 1095-A just answer NO.

If I don't have to add it then why is my taxes getting rejected? It's telling ME I have to add it, then I go to fix the problem and it shows me nothing to fix. It just ask about the 1095-A from, NOTHING about 1095-C. SO WHAT IS THIS A PROBLEM? I WANT TO FILE MY TAXES ALREADY

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies