Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TAXIO

Will not accept my license code?

WHEN I ENTER LICENSE CODE WONT FOLLOW/KEEOP FORMAT THEREFORE IT SAYS ITS WRONG

I purchased my program on Amazon and never saved the license number. I tried to retrieve it from there but it's no longer listed on my account. 

My software did an update on TurboTax and now it's asking for my license number that I no longer have for my turbo tax 2020

@ TINA MANZINI wrote:

I purchased my program on Amazon and never saved the license number. I tried to retrieve it from there but it's no longer listed on my account. 

My software did an update on TurboTax and now it's asking for my license number that I no longer have for my turbo tax 2020

It may or may not be related to the update.   An update "shouldn't" cause it, but who knows.   If it's asking for the activation again, be sure you don't have a USB device plugged in (flash drive, external drive, printer, etc.) that was not attached or turned on when you originally installed the software.   Or if you had a USB device plugged in when you installed the product but don't now, you may need to plug it back in.  In other words, the software can sometimes see the addition or removal of a USB device as a change in the system.

See the image below on how one would retrieve software and a license code from one's Amazon account in the section "Your Digital Items" or in the "Your Games and Software Library."   If you have no success on your own when you use the steps in the image, then you'll need to contact Amazon Support to help you find it.   I'll also tell you how to phone TurboTax Support below, but they may tell you to phone Amazon.

amazon.png

TurboTax Support:

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Here's the steps for Amazon.  One user said......

I was just having this same issue, but I just figured it out. So I thought I'd share in case you are still looking for an answer. Go to Your Account; then Digital Games and Software (under Digital Content and Devices section at the bottom middle); your TurboTax purchase should show there under Downloads and Codes; the license code will be the 16 digit code next ot "Activation Key". Hope this helps!

But first try this........

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.

Code not working [removed code]

@Mhzwork60  wrote:

Edit and REMOVE that code IMEADEATLY!!!

This is a public forum and you just gave you code to thousands of hackers.    Don't be surprised if they use it to steal your installs.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Mhzwork60: 

To edit your post above to remove the license code from this public forum, you can click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment above and choose EDIT.

You mentioned in another thread that your license code is not working for you and is producing Error 605.  As I mentioned there in the other thread, speak to TurboTax Support during the day to resolve this issue for you.    They may want to cancel that license code and give you a new one.

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

license code wont work

please let me talk to someone

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

To speak to TurboTax Support, click this link to enter your issue and get a call back during the hours of 5am-5pm PST. 

Here's another link about License Codes that may help you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jamahn47

I entered the license code correctly to download my purchased software and was informed the activation failed and I was admonished not to try again. I would like to speak with a real human being who can get my license activated. Please call me at [phone number removed]. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Community is a public forum and we are not able to call you. If you'd like to speak to a TurboTax representative for assistance with your license code, please see the instructions in the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

@jamahn47

123Charle

I cannot find my license code

No turbo tax only employs machines - no live people to talk to

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax help article. 

My code doesn't work.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-code-doesn-t-work/00/871966

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies