turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why was I charged an additional 39.99 for Premium Services Feed?

I would like to be reimbursed this charge.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RonnelP

Are you a California filer who chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund?

It should have been possible to remove Premium Services prior to filing by removing the option to pay your fees out of the Federal refund, removing Premium Services, and then paying upfront with credit card, debit card, or prepaid debit card.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2154391-how-do-i-remove-the-premium-services-fee

You can discuss your issue with TurboTax Customer Support by phone.  To get a phone number, fill out the small form at the link below.  Enter a short question or a few keywords.  You will be assigned a phone number based on your issue. The phone number will not display when they are closed.

TIP: When you type your question into the form there, do not use the term "refund", or it may send you to an automated phone hotline to check on your tax refund.  Instead, input something like "billing issue" or "speak to an agent about my fees."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RonnelP

Are you a California filer who chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund?

It should have been possible to remove Premium Services prior to filing by removing the option to pay your fees out of the Federal refund, removing Premium Services, and then paying upfront with credit card, debit card, or prepaid debit card.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2154391-how-do-i-remove-the-premium-services-fee

You can discuss your issue with TurboTax Customer Support by phone.  To get a phone number, fill out the small form at the link below.  Enter a short question or a few keywords.  You will be assigned a phone number based on your issue. The phone number will not display when they are closed.

TIP: When you type your question into the form there, do not use the term "refund", or it may send you to an automated phone hotline to check on your tax refund.  Instead, input something like "billing issue" or "speak to an agent about my fees."

i want you to refund my money. I never authorized this transaction

@jdsmith041671 You can have that discussion with customer support.  We cannot help with refunds in the user forum.  However, if you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, you did agree to the refund processing fee so that the third party bank would extract your fees and send you the remainder of your refund.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time  Monday-Friday

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies