turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hiyamemeo

Why does my credit union discount of $20 not show up?

I am filing using Turbo Tax via my credit union, which says I get a $20 discount. Where does the discount show up. Right now TT is asking me for $50, showing a $10 Discount.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

To get your partner discount, be sure to always start on the affiliate partner’s website, such as your bank, credit union, insurance company, or other affiliate like Uber or Lyft. Select the TurboTax link from the partner’s website to access your tax return in TurboTax.

Even if you just need to make a small change to your tax return, be sure to start from the affiliate partner’s website and select the TurboTax link. By doing this, the system recognizes the affiliate partner and then applies your discount.

Do not start directly at TurboTax.com, which charges the non-affiliate price.

Just follow these steps:

1. Go to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
    • This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.
  2. Select your TurboTax product, sign in, and start on your tax return. (If you already set up an account at TurboTax, just sign in to work on your return).
  3. When you get to the Review your order screen (in the File section) you'll see the discounted price along with the message, Your discount has been applied.

Note: our agents are unable to apply or issue refunds for affiliate discounts if the return was prepared at the regular TurboTax.com site.

If Your Affiliate Partner Discount for TurboTax is Not Applied

If you followed the steps above and your affiliate discount has not been applied, try deleting your cookies. Then:

1. Go back to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
    • This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.
  2. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  3. Select Tax Tools on the left, and then Tools.
  4. Now select the My Fees button. It should show the discount.

Still Having Problems? The next step is to. Then follow steps 1-5 again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Are you sure it's $20 for Online Deluxe?  The discount is usually up to $20.  So Deluxe and Premier might be less.  Or it could be to buy the Desktop CD/Download program.

What Credit Union so we can double check.

Like here is for my Golden 1 Credit Union.  UP to $20.  Deluxe is $50

https://turbotax.intuit.com/microsite/home.htm?priorityCode=3468341840&cid=all_thegol1_aff_346834184... 

sb197291
Returning Member

if all those steps dont work what is next to do? 

I’m a member of Genisys Credit Union and I didn’t see my $20 discount subtracted from my Turbo Tax bill why?

My credit union sent me a email and I started in the link but still no discount.

When these steps don't work, what's next? Every time I use Turbo Tax I try to use a discount and it never works. It seems like Turbo Tax intentionally makes this confusing for consumers so they give up and don't end up getting their discounts. I always start with the special page that advertises the discount (but it feels like I'm being accused of not doing this). Are we to go back to this special page every time we logout and back in as we work through our tax returns?  Does Turbo Tax think most people complete their entire tax return in one sitting? If feels like this was designed for the discount to fail for most people. Who agrees with me?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You might try the below steps and then click the link to ensure the discount is being provided:

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax.
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.
    • You can also try a different browser as well, or "incognito mode".

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

@whydiscountnotwork

I followed all the steps that were outlined in these postings, including logging completely out of Turbo Tax, clearing cache and cookies within the browser and completely closing out of it; and, trying a different browser.  None of the steps have resolved me getting the $20 discount that was advertised on the turbotax.intuit.com/ page, 'Get your taxes done right and save up to $20 on TurboTax online federal products'.  I did go into Tools to check my TurboTax fees, and the discount is not showing.  I would like to complete my filing; but, since this discount was advertised on the TurboTax webpage and all the steps have been followed, I would expect to get this discount.  Please advise on next steps. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@DJM52 

I would suggest reaching out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue.

kfpreston

where is my 20% discount for fees?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you looking for a discount from one of our affiliate's? To get a partner discount, you must start on the affiliate's website, such as your bank, credit union or Uber. Please see the information in this TurboTax FAQ here for assistance with our partner or affiliate discount. 

@kfpreston 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies