Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

White Box during import while using CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business

I'm having the exact same issue. I run into the login screen where I can't enter my account information. This happens when I go to "File" then "sign in". Also happens when I go to the screen with "let us enter your investment information." I choose import and then Fidelity INvestments. I choose "sign in." I see the sign in form. Yet, I can't enter any text in the user id nor the password. 

I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps in this thread and they haven't fixed it. 

White Box during import while using CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business

Having the same issue.   I get the white screen when trying to access Fidelity 1099 import or from the File -> Sign In drop down.    In both cases when I select "I already have an Intuit account", I get the white box.   I'm using a SurfacePro 8 with Windows 11 Home.   I've been able to import 1099 from other institutions that allow sign in directly from TurboTax.    Clearly this is an issue TurboTax. 

I am having the same issues, very frustrating, and I can't find a real tech support person to talk to.

@SuziM  Hello.. I updated my turbotax 2022 download/CD version today and retested.  Unfortunately, same results, ie white screen when trying to login to Intuit. 

Here is my environment: 

Microsoft Surface Laptop4,

Windows 11 Home 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Turbotax Version WinPerRelease  0220 000429 

I'm encountering a similar problem.  I'm unable to sign-in to Intuit from the desktop application from the File menu on the app's ribbon or when I attempt to download 1099 data while using the desktop application.  In all cases, the Intuit pop-up window remains a blank white box or it is greyed out, i.e., I can see it but it's opaque.  The sign-on gives me the option of sign-in or register for a new account.  Nothing works.  I can sign-in to Intuit via a web browser with no difficulty.   

I am having the same issue.  I am working with Home & Business desktop.  Worked with support for several hours installing and uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  No luck with the white sign in page.  I did get frustrated and hit the tab button several times and the login box appeared.  It was responsive on a few of the links but not on the username/password links.  This is preventing me from downloading our 1099B Fidelity report which has many transactions.  I have used TT for years and have never had this issue.  Even pulled up my 2021 TT and checked that program and the login works perfectly.  Please update us on a fix for this.  I was also having an issue with entering my account/credit card information for the fee for State e-filing but running the program as administer possibly corrected that screen.  

Same here. Is there any way to escalate this problem to TurboTax tech support? 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@fenglisa TurboTax Moderators have already escalated this issue to the developers.  Although it's been awhile since @mwilcox1 first posted, I've been assured that this issue is being investigated.  This morning I emailed Moderators to check again on the progress.  I (or TurboTax) will be sure to update you on any updates as I'm made aware of them.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

I am a desktop user having this problem when attempting to import Schwab data. I have sent the tax file with token # 1077101. I have only tried the administrator route. I have had no trouble with LPL, Fundrise and Computershare imports

I just sent you token 1077101 related to a blank screen when attempting signin while importing data from Schwab. I subsequently tried closing Turbotax, reopening and, before accessing my data file, tried to signin form the file menu. I got the same white screen issue; so it, probably, is NOT data-related.

I am having the same issue and have called for help- they are stumped.  I uninstalled and reinstalled per all suggestions re trying using Edge browser; ok all pop ups etc.  Very concerning and no one has the answer.  Hopefully someone in the coding end will repair this issue.

I have this issue on Windows 10 desktop download- have tried all options provided through all chats

Quite frankly I was disappointed with Turbo Tax, but I'd say the disappointment has now turned into shock.  Do they monitor these boards and discussions at all?  These are serious issues, and I am rethinking my use of Turbo Tax in the future.  It started last year with downloading state returns.  That issue continued this year and has now moved to the downloading of 1099 brokerage statements.  My software (operating systems and browsers) are all updated, my pop-up blocker is not blocking anything and I'm all too familiar with the uninstall/reinstall routine. Clearly Turbo Tax is not doing a very good job of testing their software before releasing.  Their software development and testing processes need to be overhauled.  H&R Block was late to the online tax preparation market, but Turbo Tax has opened the door for its competitors.  If TurboTax doesn't wake up, they'll find themselves at the wrong end of a Harvard Business Review case study.

I tried to sign in from the "file" menu.  Got the same white box with nothing inside

SuziM

Thank you all for your patience as we have worked on resolving this issue. Please be advised that an update to the software will be released tomorrow (2/24) to resolve this issue. Software updates can happen throughout the day, so please feel free to keep checking for updates. Please see this related FAQ: How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software program? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies