Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

White Box during import while using CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business

I am using CD/Download of turbotax 2022 software on Windows 11

When I go to file > import > financial inst > search for Fid  > click on Fid  > click on continue

I receive a new windows which says: 'Welcome to Intuit - First lets sign you in securely > I click on 'already have an account, sign in' and then I receive a 'white box.'  That is, I can't see any text areas for login and password.  

Lucky for me I guess since I have used Turbotax since the 90s and never seen this before. 

However, per suggestions in the community, I have tried below that have not worked:

1. Run as administrator  
  2. Display to 800 x 600 
  3. Resize window and move the window
  4. Change storage from external to internal disk

I am blocked from importing until I figure this out.  Any thoughts ? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

73 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

White Box during import while using CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business

How frustrating!

I use the Desktop Platform, as well.  Since the issue is signing into your Intuit account, let me make this suggestion.  Under the "File" tab (far left on the task bar), the final option is to "Sign In".  I believe that gives you the option to sign in to your Intuit account.  Maybe you can sign in using that route, and stay signed in all the way through the import function?

Please post back if you continue to have difficulty.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Awesome idea !  I never noticed the ability to login under 'file.' 

However, sadly, I get the same result, ie a white box. :(

At least Turbotax 2022 download is consistent 🙂   

Here is my environment: 

Microsoft Surface Laptop4

Windows 11  Home ( 10.0.22621 build 22621 ) 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for your environment. 

Please follow the additional steps here, as there are a few extra to finish. 

Please let us know if the issue is still occurring. @mwilcox1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

On Monday I found that link and so far none have helped. 

I have tried below that have not worked:

1. Run as administrator doesn’t fix the problem.
  2. Display to 800 x 600 doesn’t fix the problem
  3. Resize window doesn't help

Any other items ? 

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@mwilcox1 SO sorry that you're still stuck!  And thank you, @CarissaM for posting!  

I'm sharing your post with TurboTax Moderators for further investigation.  A Moderator may reach out to you to possibly request a "diagnostic file" to help figure out what's going on.  Thanks for your patience!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you. 

I am still stuck w/ the white screen 

white screen of deathwhite screen of death

Here is my environment:

Microsoft Surface Laptop4

Windows 11 Home ( 10.0.22621 build 22621 )

I have tried below that have not worked:

1. Run as administrator doesn’t fix the problem.
  2. Display to 800 x 600 doesn’t fix the problem
  3. Resize window to different sizes
  5. Use ONLY the native laptop screen/monitor ie Removed external monitor
  6. I have changed my default browser to edge, firefox and chrome and this made no difference, ie still white screen of death. 
  7. Since the IE info on the turbotax help link is dated, I assume Edge is the default browser used by Turbotax download/CD?  So I cleared my all of my Edge settings – made no difference.

ie still stuck. 

I am having similar issues.  I was able to file my Federal return only, but unable to file my state return.  I've called support.  We unistalled the application and reinstalled and I've got the same result.  This happened for 2021 or 2020 but I dont remember the fix.  I thought it had been a simple unistall/reinstall.

Is it an issue with a Mircosoft Surface Pro?  I've got the lastest version of Windows.

Does the Intuit Support team monitor this chat board?  HELP!

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@TomS55 I have shared this thread with TurboTax Moderators for investigation.  Hopefully someone will review and respond tomorrow.

I am having the same problem. I get the white box whether I try to sign in under File or when I try to sign in to download my Fidelity information. I'm using TurboTax Premier.

@TomS55  Sorry to hear you having the same issue. 

I am running on a Microsoft laptop 4 , that is, I am not running on a Microsoft Go.  

SuziM

@peterhennigan @TomS55 Are you both also trying to import from Fidelity? 

SuziM

If any of you are able, please follow the steps below to generate a Diagnostic File of your return.  This copy will be purged of all personally identifiable information.  If you are willing, please follow the instructions provided below to get us the information we need. 

TurboTax Online

1.  Sign-in to your online account. ​ 
  2. Click on “Tax Tools” to the left hand side of the screen. ​ 
  3. A drop-down will appear. Click on “Share My File With Agent”. ​ 
  4. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click “OK”.  The tax file will then be sanitized and sent to us. This action will generate a Token Number  
  5. Please respond directly to this message and provide the Token Number that was generated.  

TurboTax Desktop 

1. Open your return. ​ 
  2. Click “Online” and select "Send Tax File to Agent". ​ 
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click “OK”. The tax file will then be sanitized and sent to us. This action will generate a Token Number  
  4. Please respond directly to this message and provide the Token Number that was generated.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies