turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get to "the community" in Turbotax and see answers to my posted questions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

How do I get to "the community" in Turbotax and see answers to my posted questions?

@mrmrst If you click on the blue letters you see in your email, it should take you directly to the question you posted and the response.  You may have to sign back in to the Community in order to view your response.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you, that gives me a way to get there. Is there any shorter way to get to my questions asked to the community other than opening a separate web page, opening up my email account page, logging into my email, finding that specific email with the link, and then clicking on the link, and re-logging into Turbotax? Can I just click on something inside of tubotax to get to my questions?

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@mrmrst Not inside TurboTax (the program).  But when you're logged into the Community, you'll see in the upper right-hand side of your page your avatar (the "picture" you've chosen to represent you in the Community).  If you click on that, a drop-down menu will show up.  Click on the first option, "My Profile", and you'll see all of the questions or topics that you've participated in.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

@mrmrst 

Yeah...clicking on an e-mail link is always dangerous....as soon as the hackers find out people link to the Community thru their email login...they'll start sending out scam emails to steal your UserID and Pwd.

To get to the community directly (you might still have to sign-in).....bookmark this page, and you won't have to mess around to get there. You can use your browser favorites bookmark instead :

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/home/misc/03/en-us

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Thank you, @SteamTrain, for cautioning this user against clicking on an email link.  I just told her the most expedient route, but definitely not the safest.

Signed in to community, but no luck finding a place to post a question. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@ArchesNationalPark

To start a new thread with a new question you will click on Discover at the top of the page, then Community Basics. There you can search or Ask a Question.

Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ao137775
Returning Member

test

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on a thread from 2 years ago. Was there anything we can assist you with? @ao137775 

I am using Turbotax  Premier and wants to amend  federal and state returns. Returns to be amended could be loaded and modified. However what I want is to work on 1040-X form. I cheked all the availabe menu items, but I could nto find the Amend comand.  I will appreciate any help.

By the way, I wanted to post a question mentioned above, but I could not find the page where I can ppost my question. I am sorry to have bothered you.

>  you will click on Discover at the top of the page

Where is "the page", is it this page? This page does no t contain Discover?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

We are able to see your question here in the forum.  

If you need to correct a form after you filed it, please see this Help Article for instructions on Amending a return. 

@toshi-minoura 

I found a way to put Turbotax in the Amend mode. When Turbotax is started, select Amend mode at the bottom of the page opened.   In my case the bottom part of the page was  not visible because the screen size was limited. Then press  Amend button associated with a Tubotax data file to be amended. In normal mode this button is Continue.

How can I post my question first? I am tring to find a a way to post my question for several weeks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies