turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is agency id

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is agency id

Hello I have the:

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, FilingHdr_6 - ?:? - Invalid Agency ID. Received ''. Must be 2 characters in length. Thanks

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

What is agency id

Where are you being asked for this? 

If you would like to speak with customer service, please click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is agency id

Hello it’s asking me once transmit my taxes and it doesn’t go thru. Codes pop and at the end of the codes it says agency Id has to be 2 characters.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What is agency id

What agency code are you referring to and what tax return are you preparing?

You can also contact TurboTax support for help over the phone.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

What is agency id

Hello I have the:

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, FilingHdr_6 - ?:? - Invalid Agency ID. Received ''. Must be 2 characters in length. Thanks
JenMadsen86
Returning Member

What is agency id

I have the same problem, I'm curious if you ever got an answer on how to fix it or if you had to file by mail, because I keep just getting the run around that it is my firewall or that I need to upgrade my tax service that speak to someone else which is annoying since I paid to have someone them do my taxes for me this year.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

What is agency id

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

jperry11

What is agency id

If someone was in  Full Service and left to go to AYG. First, make sure that the FS case has been closed out. Talk with your lead or manager for assistance. Then have the cx go to, Tax Tools, Tools and Delete forms. Delete ProDelegation worksheet form. The ProDelegation worksheet was missing all kinds of info. This is one option, because the agency id is missing. This was in TurboTax Online (TTO).

badriv

What is agency id

I have a similar problem. My error message says " The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, FilingHdr_6 - ?:? - Invalid Agency ID. Received '17'. Contains invalid characters"

I have tried turning off ad-blockers, changing operating systems (tried from Linux and Mac), editing my phone number, etc. Any ideas on what I can do?

What is agency id

@macuser_22    Any ideas?

What is agency id

@Critter-3 wrote:

@macuser_22    Any ideas?

No.  Sounds like a TurboTax internal server error.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies