turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

We have problems verifying your personal info We're working on a solution. Once we have more details, we'll reach out to help you create your account.

Having same issue, But credit Karma actually emailed me and said they connected my credit Karma account to my TurboTax account yet when I’m trying to log into credit Karma through TurboTax for this refunded me into the checking account it tells me it can’t verify my identity that makes no freaking sense I don’t even understand how do they emailed me saying they connect my credit Karma account to my TurboTax account yet when I try to login again for this refund advance it tells me they can’t bear, I didn’t know how much **bleep** since does that make!! I’ve never had trouble getting the refund advance a TurboTax and this year this is a crock of **bleep** and they are screwing everybody apparently because how the hell can I get in my TurboTax account and it’s fine I can get my credit Karma account it’s totally fine emails me and tells me it’s connected to two but I’m gonna try to login again through it it told me I can’t verify my identity it’s like just so I can get this refund it and I can’t even try to open the **bleep** bank account they need to fix something for this is a bunch of bull**bleep**!I hope TurboTax read this crap so they can know where the hell they got going on this year is a bunch of bull**bleep** I got the Turbo Card last year for the refund advance no problem what is the problem that with you before not a problem at all the sudden they connected with credit Karma everybody’s **bleep** screwed up yet we all have counselor both of them but I don’t wanna work together at the sink it’s a bunch of fraud bull**bleep** he’s trying to get people information ain’t giving nobody a **bleep** refund advance! 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We have problems verifying your personal info We're working on a solution. Once we have more details, we'll reach out to help you create your account.

This is a known experience, and we are working to resolve the issue that customers are having.  This issue is related to your e-mail.

Assistance on working around this issue has been provided for your convenience by clicking here

If these steps don't work for you, please see this Help Article for further updates: Why am I being asked for my email before I can checkout? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is not just a error due to email address, as both my turbotax, and credit karma accounts i use the same email. Have since before ever doing any of this. 

I will not even file with them if i don't have this issue resolved by the time i leave work today. I will go somewhere else and have them prepared. 

Unfortunately they will lose a great amount of business due to this "known issue" that they do not have a fix for. I dont understand how they dont have a way to manually verify your identity. 🤷‍♀️

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Frncswtts1 Please try this workaround until we are able to get this issue resolved.  Thank you for your patience, and you are welcome to reply to this post if the workaround does not resolve the issue for you.

Wish you guys would have stayed with the green dot money card credit karma is not better than the original turbo card this is causing more problems 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Credit Karma is now part of the Inuit family, but Turbotax and Credit Karma are different products. We are aware of the situation and are working to provide a solution. We will post it once we have one. 

Is Credit Karma a part of TurboTax? - Intuit

I keep getting the same message! I have tried all the “work arounds” changing phone number, email, unlinking…. It’s all bull crap! I have been with turbo tax for 5 years and CK for 7 years. Uploaded a pic of my drivers ID and still NOTHING! They offer zero resolution! I have called and emailed!!! 
I don’t understand!!!! 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re currently working to resolve this inconvenient issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

Progress Updates

@jenniferholden33 I keep having the same issues snd I’ve tried all of those same things I’m gonna give it til Monday before I do my taxes somewhere else I’ve been with them 6yrs never any problems until they decided to switch from the turbo tax card by green dot to this credit karma card smh if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Wait!! I was able to get my refund advance and open my Credit Karma Spend account BUT!!! every time I try to use my virtual card, Credit Karma declines it for fraud! They now have 2,500 of my refund sitting in my Spend account that I cannot access! They do not link with my bank and their solution was to go open a new account with another bank they link to or to wait for the physical card to be mailed. They have escalated my issue because the number you call cannot help you other to say “I am sorry”. The escalation department apparently has no phone number so you have to wait for “someone” to email you back. I was told it would be 24 hours for a reply and it has now been three days. TurboTax made the WORST decision ever to partner with Credit Karma. Never had an issue with my refund advance last few years. 

I got the same message called them ontop of emailing got the same response both ways anyone that has received this message has prolly already had a spend acct that they either closed or credit Karma closed... They will only 1 acct of it gets closed u cant get another one ... There for until they. switch again we wont ever be able to get an advance again

I don’t understand how there is not a solution for this issue yet!!! I have been waiting days to file my taxes and received the refund advance! How do you approve someone for it, then offer zero help to complete filing!!! I mean NOTHING! it doesn’t make any sense!!! 

I am having the same exact problem except for virtual card disappeared out of my credit karma app. I Am so frickin angry I could scream because I never would have agreed to have my entire tax return deposited into a trashy internet prepaid account bank had it not been for the loan advance. That being said not being able to touch my own money with out a wait period whether it be waiting on the physical card or getting a whole nother bank account I don't f*ckin need to transfer it to defeats the entire purpose of the fkn advance. Their customer service is an absolute joke. I have also been waiting 4 days for an email from this elusive magical email team. I can tell you one thing.... The very Instant my tax return hits I will be draining the entire $11,000 out of credit karma and closing this litterbox wrapped in hot garbage trapped in a portapotty poop show they call a checking account. Like what a **bleep** nightmare!!! Of all the internet bank accounts I've seen this is literally the stupidest. You could have at least added different withdrawal options and boosted your customer care before you decided to take on tax season. Literally like a **bleep** napkin trying soak up the ocean. Like how irresponsible of you to be so ill equipped and still deciding to take on millions of payment from the federal government. Not only that FORCING us into your stupid account in exchange for a loan then holding our money from us.  What's that sound like to you? It's financial pimping is what it is. It's icky and it's frustrating and I don't like it. I don't know what government entity regulates credit karma but they literally need to go to jail because whoever co-signed this is wet poop on the carpet.

This is not an issue with turbo tax. I have had credit karma since before i filed my taxes. I could never open a spending account, I always get the message saying they can’t verify my information. I tried to apply through turbo tax but got the same message. It is not tt’s fault. Credit karma has had this issue for a while. 

They knew this was going to be a big problem but,Agenda completed!Your tax returns and bank info etc, are now all together in one big place for all the financial companies they partner with to shareall  your info.Your credit report home address needs to match perfectly with all parties turbo Karma transunion experian too make this problem go away.Thats what they tell you to make it work.Turbo Tax had a good system mlast year with their advance card .You partner with a credit report company and now you got problems ...MMMMMHH

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies