Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Visa dispute. Bought $100 TT promising "Federal Returns; Federal E-File and State Returns." Furious TT tried a $170 swindle, threatening deletion when ready to file. ??

Oh, thank you very much. I have contacted Visa and told them that if the charge posts, I will be disputing it. (Turbo Tax phone reps (first Valerie, then Ameze) promised me refund, but I have yet to see it, and suspect TT will try to cheat me. (I bought a product for $100 that promised me "Federal Returns; Federal E-File and State Returns." I am fanatically interested in them being held to this promise.) Besides all this, I actually bought a CD Writer so I could utilize the software. I think I spent hours between being on the phone to Valerie and Ameze, trying to fill out electronic forms for refunds that wouldn't fill out, and complaining in writing.

Not real happy because in my mind, TT attemted a swindle, extorted me by implying they would delete all the work I had done to be ready to file (in other words creating a duress situation), and I had to go to MUCH, MUCH effort to not be swindled.

Thanks, MDC
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Visa dispute. Bought $100 TT promising "Federal Returns; Federal E-File and State Returns." Furious TT tried a $170 swindle, threatening deletion when ready to file. ??

Not sure why you are posting here about this.  We do not have anything to do with billing issues in this user forum.  We have no access to your account and cannot resolve your billing issues.  Sounds like you already talked to customer support.  Hope it all works out for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It appears you bought the CD/Download version of TurboTax, which gets installed on your own computer hard drive.  The installation leaves an icon on your Desktop and you're supposed to click that icon to do your tax return.  The state program is included but e-filing of a state has an additional charge.

It appears, though, that you actually accessed the online web version of the program to do your return.  That's a completely different product, and the use of it is not included in the purchase of your CD.  The Online version does not include any state programs and it is charged to you at the time you finish your return and try to file.

Yes I bought the CD. Yes I followed the directions. You people charged me a second time!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's more, I was promised a response for my "refund request" (NOT A TAX REFUND) within 6 business days. Twice I was given this promise. Where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????

@lmtmmp wrote:

Yes I bought the CD. Yes I followed the directions. You people charged me a second time!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's more, I was promised a response for my "refund request" (NOT A TAX REFUND) within 6 business days. Twice I was given this promise. Where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????

This is the TurboTax user community forum.  As has been previously stated we cannot assist you with any billing issue.  That can only be handled by TurboTax support.

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

@lmtmmp wrote:

Did you file a return online, not using the installed program?  The installed program includes one free state but state e-filing is $25 extra.  You couldn't really be charged $170 unless you also downloaded 3 more states at $50 each, in which case the prices correct.  

You are basically in the situation of a person who buys a membership at a coffee store that gives them free coffee every day, forgetting to use the membership card and paying cash, then blaming the coffee shop for charging you.  

As stated, this public forum is not official turbotax customer support and we can't see your account or issue refunds.  I can flag your post for a Moderator, but they likely won't see it until Monday morning, at which time you can call customer service yourself. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies