turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Thanks soo much, it worked! I changed my payment method to card instead of return and then it let me change file method to efile so I could go into the forms. I honestly tried deleting a few of the QBI forms but as others have said it looks like nothing changes. But I gave it a shot and it worked! A good thing was that turbo tax had sent me an additional $40 off coupon in my email to file by the 29th so that helped offset my state filing fee. Just click on the email and it will deduct it automatically in your cart.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Okay, what Berger said worked (deleting the QBI Component Worksheet ended up creating multiple sheets). Still couldn't delete 8995, but e-file looks like it's available now for me!

So can we now efile? I am still getting this error today 2/27/20

Also, the aggregation is pointless. The Business Income and Rental Income are combined on one line, and then all $0's on the other line. I would have thoughts since I entered each separately like always, that they should be on two separate lines. My Business Loss is ($445) and Rental Income is $1,069. But the schedule shows Business as $624 (the net of the two) and the Rental as $0'S.

WILL WE EVER BE ABLE TO efile the return with schedule B?

no response? Such great support from TurboTax. This is the worst year I've had in filing. Time to use Blockworks. And I've been a Turbo Tax user for over 15 years

Q_Congdon

As many have said, pay for TurboTax.  Once done, you'll be prompted to print.  Instead, on the home page, you can select "Add State" which essentially re-opens the tax return.  At this point, go to tools->delete forms->delete the QBI wksts.  The QBI worksheets, as printed, say Do Not File, so they are not needed for the return to the Government, again as others have said.  Each time you delete the form, it will reappear, however once you've gone through the deletion process for whoever many worksheets you had, you should be able to e-file.  Deleting the worksheets changed nothing else on my return, especially the amount I owed.

Deleting it increased my tax due...I had to start everything from scratch...today was supposed to have a form ready ( that was postponed from 2/6, 2/12, 2/20 than 2/28.) I ran out of ideas...

Thank you!  I couldn't figure it out either and was getting very frustrated until I read your answer

Andrewlisy
Returning Member

TurboTax, I have been waiting for your solution for this QBI deduction worksheet issue for more than two weeks. I have been using TurboTax for about 20 years and I will definitely move away from TurboTax next year  if Turbo Tax keep ignoring our request! Thanks

Read some of the last responses in this thread. I had the same issue and deleting the QBI Component Worksheet solved it (and it automatically recreated multiple worksheets after I removed it). Deleting the 8995 form did nothing for me, it just kept reappearing.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

I'm posting instructions for how to aggregate or "un-aggregate" your QBI businesses for 2019. 

You'll need to decide whether or not you want or need to aggregate any businesses in 2019.  Once you aggregate, you must continue to aggregate in future years.  But, not aggregating last year does not preclude you from aggregating this year.    Refer to the IRS instructions for Form 8995-A for more information on aggregation.

If you want or need to aggregate any businesses, as of this morning 3/3/2020 the return is print and mail only in TurboTax.  If I can confirm a date that TurboTax will enable e-file for aggregated QBI businesses, I will update this post.

If you do not need or want to aggregate any businesses, here is how to “un-aggregate” them in TurboTax Online or TurboTax Download/CD:

1. Go to Delete a Form: In the left menu, select the dropdown arrow next to Tax Tools and then under that select Tools; in the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  2. Find the QBI Component form for the aggregated businesses.  Delete that QBI Component sheet.
  3. Now, go to Review and start the review routine.
  4. You will have an error for each business that no longer has a QBI Component form.  For each of those businesses, you will see the “primary” form for that business (Schedule C, Schedule E, K-1). It will be highlighted for Question A in the Qualified Business Income Deduction Smart Worksheet.
  5. Double click in the highlighted Question A box, and you will get a pop-up asking you to link to a QBI component worksheetCreate a new copy for that business (e.g., give it the name of that business).
  6. Continue until you have created a separate QBI component worksheet for each business that you do not want to aggregate.

Note that you could also use these instructions to aggregate businesses.  Delete the QBI component worksheets for each business you want to aggregate, go to the Review, and link all the businesses to the same QBI component worksheet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But what many of us want to know if whether in future years Turbo Tax will provide support for efiling for those who aggregate--eg. need to use Schedule B on the QBI form.  This is a big deal as efiling affects refund timing, receipt of tax returns, state filings, etc.  Seems like QBI aggregation fits Turbo Tax's market of small businesses.  For the first time in 20 years I'm thinking of leaving Turbo Tax and trying to find other software, or even horrors, pay for my taxes to be done so I can get efiling.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Yes, TurboTax is working to make all the QBI forms fully functional, including e-file.  The issues for 2019 relate to the complexity of QBI in general, and the fact that 2019 is the first year for which the carryforward and netting of prior year QBI losses must be integrated with aggregated businesses.  The IRS itself has only recently approved the necessary forms that TurboTax must now "program".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Andrewlisy
Returning Member

Hi, DavidS127,

Thanks for your info. May we know when will the "program" for this QBI deduction worksheet be released to the TurboTax users?

JWain

It is 3-4-2020, and I'm getting this message about not able to e-file due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B. 

I see others have complained and were told the form would be ready and fixed by 2-20-2020.  Have spent 2 hours on the phone with a very patient support person.  We looked at quite a number of things, and also un-installed, and re-installed the updates. 

This support person was not familiar with any problem being reported.

SO...... What is the real status of this issue?

tol
Level 3

Please clarify.  Are you saying TT is committed to supporting e-file of Aggregated QBI for tax year 2019?

Or are you saying TT is "working on it" for tax year 2020 ?

As you can tell it's very disappointing that TT is choosing to not support e-file for the most likely agg QBI cases of a few rentals.  

I'm just trying to figure out whether to move to an alternative product if TT is uncertain of their ability to support e-file for landlords.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies