turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

When I talked to various reps all they would say is they aren't supporting Schedule B aggregation this year.  I asked them to move it up the chain of command, and they basically say they may do this or not, but that who knows what Turbo Tax management will do.  If you find some software that will allow efiling, please post and tell us!  I'll switch as well, even after 20 years of Turbo Tax because paper filing is difficult, takes too long to get processed, gets lost by my state, etc.....

JWain

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

The first tier of support personnel are not aware of the issues surrounding the QBI and Aggregation.  Nor are they aware of the work around.  I have spent now an accumulated four hours of time spent on the phone with support personnel. Reference case# [social security number removed] (which was no help at all), and case# [social security number removed] who worked with me for two hours.  However, both of us on that call may have been going in the wrong direction for all that time, because they are the support person was not aware of this existing problem.  This points to a serious lack of communication between the TT support team an IT.  That team needs your instructions of this known problem!

I would very much appreciate someone from TT or support giving me a call on Case #[social security number removed] to walk me through your instructions.  The particulars on this case had to do with allowing SS# vs EIN# on the QBI forms.  But after reading through this thread, I feel the real reason I'm not able to file has to do with what you have instructed us to do in this forum.

Deleting the QBI Component Worksheet is not an acceptable workaround if you have aggregated last year or if dis-aggregating increases your taxes. According to IRS, once you aggregate, you must continue to aggregate in future years.

To Intuit: I aggregated last year and was able to E-file. I am using Turbo Tax Premier which is advertised as being for Investments & rental property. Really, you cannot even handle two rental properties. After using Turbo Tax for 20 years ,I am so disappointed. You can't even tell us whether you will fix it this year and if so when. If you are a support person and reading this you have to escalate this issue to the highest level in management. Otherwise you will be losing many customers next year.

jimkeller

How do I find what is causing me to need to file QB1 Deduction Worksheet Schedule?

ajduffy75

@DavidS127 : neither of the fixes you describe "save" in the review process. My return goes into a constant loop of the same error, with the same box in the wor

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You can find your QBI source based on the entries you made for QBI businesses (Schedule C self-employment income, Schedule E rental income) and/or the entries you make for QBI income "passed through" from other businesses (1099-DIV box 5, Schedule K-1 with a Statement A). 

@jimkeller

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Finding the QBI, or even finding and using the Worksheet Schedule B is not the problem.  Not being able to efile is the problem.  Currently Turbo Tax does not support efling of this form and the comments posted reflect user's frustration with this fact.  Please tell higher ups we want to efile and not have to paperfile.

I've been waiting for this to get resolved before diving in to the details. I gather it's not been fixed yet.

Intuit, what's the plan???   

I just deleted the Aggregation form as below then the error message goes away for efile.  After deleting the QBI Component sheet, the final Form 8995 shows entries by individual properties instead of showing "Aggregate 1".  All numbers stay unchanged.

1. Go to Delete a Form: In the left menu, select the dropdown arrow next to Tax Tools and then under that select Tools; in the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  2. Find the QBI Component form for the aggregated businesses.  Delete that QBI Component sheet.

Thank you DavidS127.

Cyn71

I tried to delete the form and it didn’t work. Just keeps showing up.  Any ideas? 

It worked for me. I don’t know why it would not work for you. 

You efiled your tax return with the QBI deduction worksheet on Schedule B?  The one that aggregates businesses?  Turbo Tax told me this was not possible and would not be possible this year, and in fact I could not do so.

Andrewlisy
Returning Member

I tried to delete the QBI deduction worksheets. However, my refund decreases a lot.

I have been waiting for the solution for too long. After 20 years of use TurboTax, I will call turbotax to return the TurboTax Primer I bought and for sure to change for something else.

I also have same problem, spent days working on the return and found this issue just before I am ready to e-file (no other errors), this is really frustrating. I have some K-1 forms from REITs, and I have same forms from prior year, which used aggregation mode in previous year's return with e-file without any problems. I had been using TurboTax for 8 years and this is really disappointing. 

I also tried deleting the 8995A form but didn't work, I am using mac version. 

If anyone has a workaround please let me know. QBI only has a small amount impact on my return so I am fine with not claiming it. 

Besides deleting the 8335 form, I also had to delete the forms associated with the aggregate summary listed in the 8335. Otherwise it seems the software just recreates a new version of the aggregate document. I did then efile. All submissions accepted, and refunds will roll in this next week.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies