turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

My software does not allow me to edit the statement unless I do an override. If I do an override, I usually am not able to efile. 

I can try it but don't want to mess up the efile.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

I'm unable to motify the QBI form 8995A - it has put wrong into and I go to the form and it won't let me change the QBI statement or the wrong info.

DM26
Level 3

When in the program click on the top tab “View”  then click “Forms”.  On the left side scroll to the form or worksheet you want.  If you are looking to change the narrative for 8995 Sch B click on that form and then on the right side the form will appear.  Right click on the area you want to change & select “Override”.  If you’re looking to change the Enterprise statement you will find that form listed as “RREE Statement”.

HopeS
Expert Alumni

If you are not able to modify the Form 8995-A, and you  do not qualify for Form 8995 you can Delete the Form as follows:

1. Under Tax Tools, choose Tools.
  2. Choose Delete a Form.
  3. Scroll through your return until you find QBI worksheets, and click Delete to the right of the form.
  4. Confirm that you wish to delete the form.

What is Form 8995

@venicegal99 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Boy - that RIGHT click saved the day. 2nd Question - Regarding the Aggregation statement that is supposed to ATTACH to the return, does that mean that I can't E-file my taxes, but rather print them out to attach?

Trying to change items on form 8995A. Right clicking doesn't unlock them

DM26
Level 3

Generally if you are not overriding numerical amounts (just text) it should not prevent you from efiling.  I overrode both Sch B & the RREE statement and had no problem efiling. I’ve already received refunds from both federal & state.  Due to the uncertainty of having to sign and date the RREE statement I also overrode the statement to include a digitally signed component.  I am attaching my RREE statement & Sch B which I overrode.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies