Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax says the IRS is still working on the Depreciation and Amortization area (form 4562) for 2021, but their form availability says they are available. I'm stuck.

I've used Turbotax online for the last 8 years without a problem, but now I can't proceed.  I also sold two properties and can't register the sale.  I called customer service and they said "they are aware or the problem" but no fixes.  Is anybody else having this problem?  Any solutions?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

49 Replies

Turbotax says the IRS is still working on the Depreciation and Amortization area (form 4562) for 2021, but their form availability says they are available. I'm stuck.

I am also having this problem and cannot proceed with numerous rentals that I have.  I am stuck. Filing taxes is just around the corner (it's now 03/03/2022) and I don't want to leave this matter for the last minute.  Need to have that form 4562 available in Turbo Tax in order to proceed.

I am using TurboTax Premier and my software includes, and has included, Form 4562.  The Form that i did not have until today was Form 1116 (For Taxes) but it is now available. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please try to file once more as the forms do show available. 

If you are still having trouble, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Carissa, I'm happy to see somebody from TurboTax respond.  Yes, as I mentioned in my original question, I'm aware it "says" the forms are available on the Form Availability page, but there seems to be a technical glitch in your system where it is not loading properly into my TurboTax.  I've tried multiple times over the last 3-4 weeks and always the same result.  I'm assuming it is working for some and not others, though I don't know why.  I always get the screen below.  The tax deadline is fast approaching and we need to find some solution here.  Please help.

Under construction.PNG

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We would like to take a deeper look at this. However, we need a diagnostic file which is a copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed. You can send one to us by following the directions below:

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your online account.
  2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left-hand side of the screen.
  3. A drop-down will appear. Select Tools
  4. On the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent.”
  5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. lease provide the Token Number that was generated in the response.

@ryan-engen

Hi Michelle, again I very much appreciate somebody from TurboTax helping me.  I followed the steps you indicated below and the token number generated is 945185.  Attached is the screen shot.  Additionally, when I called customer service a few weeks ago, they said "This Chelsea...my supervisor is stating that the issue is known... and will be handled...but at this time we may have file a different way for you. print the return and mail it or wait until the situation is handled."  The case number is [phone number removed].  I very much want to avoid having to figure out some other way of doing this, I want to do it through TurboTax as I have done for many years.  It also helps me for future years because if I do it some other way, my tax return next year will also have problems because it won't have recorded this year's numbers.  So it is important we find a way to fix this.  Screenshot Turbotax token number for troubleshooting depreciation problem.png 

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

There are many factors regarding the sale of a rental property. Initially, when you set up the property you would have included information such as the purchase date and price, the separation of land and building, and if it had been converted from personal use.

If you rented in 2021, you would enter your sale in the rental section. All of this is done in the Asset section. These are the screens you will need to enter your information.

@ColeenD3, those screens don’t exist in TurboTax 2021. You get blocked at the “under construction” screen and can’t reach them.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify: Are you still receiving this "under construction" notice when working with Rental Properties?

@ryan-engen

@conpry

@Jon_PB

Hello,

As explained above on a couple of occasions, I'm not able to get to the screens where I enter/update the depreciation and amortization information.  I click on the edit asset screen and it takes me to the under-construction screen.  I get the same error for all six of my rental properties, both ones in France and the United States.  For the ones I've sold, I click on the sold rental property button and am also brought to the under-construction screen.  I'm never able to get past this.  I have been trying now for 6 weeks, always the same result.  I have been doing the online TurboTax for 8 years now without any incident.  I know how to navigate the program.  There is a glitch in your system which is not bringing me to the proper screen.  Your Tax Form Availability page says the forms ARE AVAILABLE, but they are not loading into my account.  I have attached screen shots of everything.  One of the earlier technicians asked me to submit the code for a diagnostic file, but I never heard back from anybody after having looked at the diagnostic file.  I submitted a claim through your customer service when I spoke with a rep (see reference number above in this thread), and they said they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed, but nothing has changed.  I get a different person each time responding to me, having to start over the discussion each time.  I've been a customer for a long time and love TurboTax and want to continue using TurboTax for years to come.  Can you PLEASE get to the bottom of this and find me a proper solution. 

You can forgive me for getting a bit frustrated here - this is an important tax year for me, I've spoken now with 5 different people from TurboTax, yet seem to have gotten ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE closer to a solution - starting over with each new person.  What solution can you propose for me?  Can you fix this or not?  I need to know because if not, I need to find another solution.  The tax deadline is coming and I live abroad, so I can't exactly walk into an accountant's office.  Please help me - actually help me.  

Respectfully yours,

Ryan
Sold.pngedit asset.pngUnder construction.png

Hi Conpry,

I think all of us having this problem need to keep bombarding this thread and TurboTax until they actually find a solution here.  Can you please keep up your efforts as well?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Jon PB,

I think all of us having this problem need to keep bombarding this thread and TurboTax until they actually find a solution here.  Can you please keep up your efforts as well?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Michelle,

I sent the diagnostic file several days ago.  Have you had a chance to look at it?  Can you please follow up with me?  It seems clear there is some sort of technical glitch.  But I need a solution.  Please help.

Ryan

Hi Carissa,

I replied to you earlier that while it says the forms are available, it is not loading for me.  I have not heard a reply from you.  Can you please reply?  Can you please help me?

Ryan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies