Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

VMOO
Level 3

TurboTax Premier 2020 Mac will not open

Thank you so much, Mauser_22.
Please refer to my reply earlier.
The learn more window popup when I start a new return but not on the return that I have been working on.
I will try to restart the computer after uninstalling the program also to see if it helps.

The ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax  file only causes crashes if not removes in some situations.

I don't know and cant reproduce a problem just by entering business with income and expenses and then returning to the uncommon situations.  All the links open for me.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 9.18.21 PM.jpg

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
MMB2020

So I have TurboTax Home Business 2020.  Mac OS 11.2.3

Turbo tax was working, then crashed during a TTHB update.

Since then when I open, it will bounce, then crash and not open.

Yes, I have admin, have restarted/booted computer and followed the instructions to uninstall and reinstall per the following:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac/00/26050

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/reinstall-turbotax-mac/00/26049

I've reviewed this suggested link, which is not relevant to the problem I'm having:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/turbotax-for-mac-won-t-open-when-installed/01...

And as far as I can tell, I am downloading the only link that is available to me from my downloads page on Intuit. And I am downloading directly from intuit, not purchased through amazon or a CD.  

So what next?  I tried calling for support, and the phone tree leads me towards unhelpful suggestions that just recapitulate the steps above.

p.s. And I looked for a discussion string on TurboTax Home Business 2020 not opening on MAC, and didn't find one...

That is usually because something got corrupted and not all the files got removed. 

If you have followed all the uninstall instructions that I will post below and it still bounces in the dock then there is one more test that you can do to see if there might be some sort of corruption in your User account that is causing the problem.

Switch to another User account that is an  Administrator (or use System Preferences to create one) and run TurboTax from that account.   If that works normally then there is something in your Users account that is causing the problem.  That will probably require a Mac expert to locate and solve.

===========

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2019 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

To remove TurboTax from your computer, you'll need administrative rights.

Note: Substitute XX in these instructions for the 2-digit tax year of your TurboTax software.

Remove the application TurboTax [version] 20XX in the Applications folder.
Version is the version of TurboTax you currently have installed, such as Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home Business.
In the Finder, select Go Go To Folder.
Enter ~/Library and select Go.
Remove the following files and folders (~/Library represents the Library folder in the current user’s home folder):

~/Library/Application Support/TurboTax 20XX
~/Library/Caches/com.intuit.TurboTax.20XX
~/Library/Caches/TurboTax 20XX
~/Library/Preferences/com.intuit.TurboTax.20XX.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.intuit.TurboTax.20XX.LSSharedFileList.plist
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.intuit.TurboTax.20XX.savedstate
~/Library/Cookies/com.intuit.turbotax.20XX.binarycookies
~/Library/WebKit/com.intuit.turbotax.20XX
~/Library/Containers/com.intuit.turbotax.mac20XX
(This folder will only appear if you installed from the Mac App Store instead of a CD or download.)
~/Library/ApplicationSupport/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.ApplicationRecentDocuments/com.intuit.turbotax.20XX.sfl
(This folder will only appear for OS X 10.11, El Capitan.)
~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

Once you've removed those files and folders:

Empty your Trash.
Check first to that there's nothing in Trash you want.
If you get any errors deleting the above folders from Trash, restart your Mac and empty Trash again.
Install TurboTax again from the CD or download file to the Applications folder.
Start TurboTax from the Applications folder and let it run the updates.
Empty the Trash again.
To make sure everything is working smoothly, restart your Mac again.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac
Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
VMOO
Level 3

I was able to fix the problem after the third try.
It's working now.
Thank you so much for your help!

Glad you got it working.

Resetting the permissions fixed my issue. 

See the article by keying in the url: HT2203538

HT203538

Pshah1

it does not install from cd I have iMac with high sire operating system I did not have any problem last year to install but this year I am having problem installing turbotax deluxe or premier 

You may need to reset the "permissions" on your Mac. Apple support has the complete directions. TurboTax tech. doesn't think it possible...but it is and worked for me.

Removing the entire folder ~/Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax worked for me, thank you!

captbob03

Safari will not verify turbo tax 2020 application

Jen D

Thank you for this recommendation. We tried everything and were ready to give up. We created a new user account and it worked! You’re a lifesaver. Best regards. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies