Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT Premiere 2022

I bought the TT 2022 Premier CD online. It was suppose to be delivered in 1 week. Now they say after me waiting over 1 week it is delayed by 2 weeks. Can I use the online site while I am waiting for the CD or do I have to pay extra to use the online site. I am trying to get an idea of my tax owed but want to end up using the CD.  I know its early to start but I want to start entering the info I have for my rentals.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT Premiere 2022

Yes you can use the Online version for free then switch to your Desktop program.  But Online won't open until December maybe mid to late December.so you have to wait.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

Download the .tax2022 file for free

How do I save my TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).  Just enter some basic personal info like your name and address then click on the State tab at the top and it should ask if you want to download the state program.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

TT Premiere 2022

Yes you can use the Online version for free then switch to your Desktop program.  But Online won't open until December maybe mid to late December.so you have to wait.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

Download the .tax2022 file for free

How do I save my TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).  Just enter some basic personal info like your name and address then click on the State tab at the top and it should ask if you want to download the state program.

TT Premiere 2022

The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2022 will not be available until early December. 

When they become available you can use the online editions without charge.  Charges are only assessed when the online tax return is either e-filed or printed.

TT Premiere 2022

Thank you for the info.

TT Premiere 2022

In the future ... just buy the DOWNLOAD as the physical CDs take forever to come out AND  they only have the beta version of the installation files on them... once you install the base version you still need to download the updates anyway.   

And FYI ... if you install from the CD to start with ALL future installations must be from the CD.  However you can install from a download instead BUT if you do all future installations must be done as a download.  You cannot "mix and match".   Instructions on the CD package will tell you how to download using the key code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies