turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I need the LAST manual updates for TurboTax 1040, years 2004-2013. I have them all installed in a virtual XP machine but only at the "original CD state". PLEASE HELP!

For those of you who like closure, I will present my results.  In summary, I was able to produce valid and reconciled 1040X amended returns for tax years 2004 - 2016.  2014-2016 was easily done using the up-to-date TurboTax software I already had on my Win10 machine.  Thanks to @dmertz I was able to update  the CD TurboTax software I had reloaded for 2009 - 2013, again on my Win10 machine.  Unfortunately, 2004 - 2008 TurboTax versions would not successfully load on Win10, so I had to create a "Virtual Windows XP PC" inside Win10 and reload the 2004 - 2008 CD TurboTax software there.  Thanks to @rjs I was then able to update 2008 tax year software on the Win XP virtual PC.  I never found any updates for 2004 - 2007, so I went to a VERY OLD backup of my previous PC (which still had the final versions of 2004 - 2007 TurboTax programs loaded) and copied the Forms subdirectory over the one loaded from the CD.  Using that "kludged" version of the 2004 - 2007 tax years software worked well enough for me to produce 1040X amended returns that reconciled to my original file copies of those tax years.  I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROCESS TO ANYONE, but it worked for me.  Now, I hope never to have to file these.
dmertz
Level 15

I need the LAST manual updates for TurboTax 1040, years 2004-2013. I have them all installed in a virtual XP machine but only at the "original CD state". PLEASE HELP!

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_2008.exe">http://patchdelivery.turb...>

Prior to 2008 the update format was different, and they apparently are not on the server, or at least not on the one that we know about.

@dmertz @rjs You are awesome!
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks so much!  I'll give these a try.

Thanks for @dmertz and @rjs for providing links to the latest federal manual updates for 2008-2013. Extremely helpful with reinstallations.
Can anyone help me source California State manual update files for 2012 and 2013?
I purchase the "Federal & State Returns" retail CD version of TT Home & Business every year and need to add the CA State return functionality to at least 2012 and 2013 reinstallations, however the Online, Download State, "Let's Complete Your Purchase Online" option within the software fails with message "We’re having trouble processing your request." I have exhausted Intuit's online support offerings without success.
My understanding after a bit of research is that the latest files may be the following.
w_california_ind_2012.04f.0100.exe
w_california_ind_2013.10a.0101.exe
Can anyone offer a sourcing suggestion? Thanks
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

There are no manual updates for states (and there were none for 2012 and 2013). The file names that you listed are complete state downloads that were available when the 2012 and 2013 software was available for purchase. They are the complete state program, not updates. If you purchased California downloads for 2012 and 2013 they should still be available for downloading on the Downloads & Unlocks page in the account that you used to purchase them. The only other way to get them would be to find someone else who has the 2012 and 2013 California downloads in their TurboTax account. Unfortunately, when you purchase a state using "Download State" in the software, the download is not saved in Downloads & Unlocks in your account.

Thanks RJS for your, as always, thoughtful and thorough reply. Here's an update.
I was able to purchase the 2013 California State forms set download from Intuit TurboTax support in a Customer Service call. The file name is w_california_ind_2013.10a.0101.exe. The 2012 California State forms download version is not available through Intuit TurboTax Customer Service. The CSR claimed that it is not on their servers.
In the end I will probably be able to obtain the 2012 California forms set file from another source. I'll let you know how that works out.

Thanks, you're a lifesaver! Happen to also have the 2014 one? Thanks!

Do you have the last TurboTax Business manual update file from 2009 to 2013?

@BennettInHouston   Sorry Turbo Tax only has the last 3 years.  So currently only 2016 and newer.

hbarclay
Returning Member

Would you happen to have 2015 update ?

Turbotax doesn't support tax years prior to 2016 any longer  and you posted on a thread that is more than 4 years old ... when the prior forum was transferred to this one all the posts were given 6/19 dates. 

@hbarclay wrote:

Would you happen to have 2015 update ?

Updates for 2015 are no longer available.  Updates were available for 2015 at any time from January 2016 thru October 2019.

Check your software to see if you are already at the latest release for 2015 TurboTax (Windows)

Start the 2015 TurboTax program.  Click on Help at the top of the screen.  Click on About TurboTax 2015.  Click on Version

This is the latest release -

Release 2015.JPG

hbarclay
Returning Member

@dmertz do you have the 2015 manual update ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies