turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aduren
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: "there is an update availabe for your version of turbotax" florida loop

I have been trying to finish federal taxes, i live in florida, but i am not trying to submit a state income tax, just federal, turbo tax itself tells me there no need for a state income tax. So when i try to submit the federal income tax i get stuck in a update loop.

But I am stuck in this update loop. When I try to submit the federal income tax it says there is "an update available for my version of turbotax" and to go to online menu and update.

Manually going to online and updates does nothing as it says "my version is up to date" but i cannot finish submitting my taxes.

any help or download update link?

thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: "there is an update availabe for your version of turbotax" florida loop

That's the issue. You cannot file an individual tax return for Florida. Florida has no individual income tax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aduren
Returning Member

i cannot submit the state return

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Correct, you cannot submit a FL return for individual income tax because it does not exist. There are other FL returns which may be required, those must be filed through the state. If you own a hotel or business, anything but personal. Please see this link for more information, Go to the Florida website.

aduren
Returning Member

again I am not trying to submit a florida state return but a federal return period. Turbo tax however keeps giving me the update loop.

aduren
Returning Member

I am not trying to submit a florida state return but a federal return period. Turbo tax however keeps giving me the update loop when I try to do an electronic federal filling

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in the article below to fix the loop through a workaround.

There is an update available for your version of TurboTax" loop when e-filing

If you continue having issues, please call customer service below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

aduren
Returning Member

this workaround is only for NY and Masachussets.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

You might try these steps as well.  If the problem persists contact support here.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies