Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tonya16

The IRS keeps rejecting my return. And says my last year AGI doesn’t match. But I’m looking at it. And it’s exactly what i typed in

Try putting zero in, I saw another person was having this same issue and they put 0 and it went through. I hope this helps.

The IRS keeps rejecting my return. And says my last year AGI doesn’t match. But I’m looking at it. And it’s exactly what i typed in

Hello

I had the same issue last year. AGI was correct.

Same thing happened this year and I was beyond frustrated.

A smart woman at TT told me to try to enter "0" in the AGI box. I reluctantly tried and IT WORKED.

Try it and see if it works for you.

I tried entering zero as someone suggested and it worked. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Yes, try to enter zero.  If still does not send, you will have to mail in your return. To see some solutions and explanations, click here:

Correct AGI got rejected

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here. I got my transcript and I am using the exact number listed on it. But it is still getting rejected. And now I can't even file by mail because I chose to pay my taxes using my CC. I don't know what to do. Going to try using 0 and see if it gets through.

Try 0, but see this Forbes article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/howardgleckman/2021/04/26/are-irs-security-tools-blocking-millions-of-p...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@montanabert 

If the return is rejected again and you have to mail the return then rest assured your request for the CC payment did NOT go to the IRS  so you can either mail a check with the return OR  pay by CC directly on the IRS website : www.IRS.gov/payments  

flatboat
Returning Member

I checked it with line 8b from my 2020 return and it is exactly the same

Did you try using 0 for the AGI?

When did you file 2019? If it was late in the year or you mailed it, try putting in 0 (zero) for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

How to correct the AGI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

THANK YOU! 

I had amended my tax return so that is why it didn't accept my AGI, I went back to my original tax return and entered that one and my tax return was accepted.

SO IF YOU HAD DONE AN AMENDED TAX RETURN DO NOT USE THE AMENDED AGI (even if it is correct and even if the online form auto fills it in).  The IRS WILL BE USING THE AGI FROM YOUR ORIGINAL TAX RETURN, even if you ended up doing it over aka an amended return.

So use the AGI from your old/original taxes you filed first even if you corrected things on your amended tax filing.  Otherwise IRS won't accept electronic filing because they will not be using your amended tax AGI, probably because amended ones don't get updated into the system as soon as your original filing.

Did you amend your taxes last year?  If so, then use the AGI from your original tax filing.

If you only filed once and didn't do an amended filing then go back and double check the AGI.

If it still rejects it you'll have to do a paper filing or the other choices provided.

also and very important:  mine didn't match until i entered the AGI from my first filing (I had amended my taxes).  So if anyone had amended their last year taxes the IRS won't use that AGI from the amended tax filing, they will use the AGI from your first filing, even if that AGI is wrong since you amended it.

IRS rejected my amended correct AGI, but accepted my AGI from the first filing I did that was wrong.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are correct. Thank you for sharing your experience in the community. The Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) should be used from the original return. 

For anyone else reading this and needing more help troubleshooting AGI issues, see: 

What do I use for my AGI if I filed late, amended, or got a notice changing my return?

@yer_sister

Been suffering from this as well. We filed on 5-3 in 2020 (for our 2019 taxes), so we weren't "too late to be in the IRS database". Acquired a 2019 Transcript from the IRS: same AGI # as the one we had saved and used on our submittal. Tried it again anyhow: rejected. Tried 0. Rejected for me but not my spouse (it said 0 was already rejected). So put in the original # for spouse only (Turbo didn't ask for mine again). Rejected with "0 has already been rejected for spouse" message. Getting started on a paper form. Hope we still know how to do that....

av8rmike

Happened with our 2020 return today. I'm registered with the IRS (w/PIN and all) and reviewed my 2019 IRS file info and it matched the AGI I submitted. It got rejected. Amended the AGI to $0 (as TT recommended) and it was accepted. Weird!!!???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies